[18]

>>>>>

By the time I wake up, I feel better instantly. Moving my legs off the side, I get up off the hammock with a groan and begin helping people by giving them water and cleaning up any blood. Octavia stands over Clarke who rested in another hammock.

Connor begins coughing, my head whipping in his direction. "Hey Murphy! Clarke said when that happens to roll them on their side." Octavia instructs, Murphy complying with the orders given. "I'm on it."

"Hey Hol, I'm going to grab something from the top level, do you mind watching Clarke?" Octavia asks quietly. Nodding in response, I take over from her, dabbing Clarke's forehead with a damp cloth. She looked so innocent when she was asleep, compared to the constant serious look she wore on the daily. 

Rustling of the parachutes at the entrance of the drop ship catches my attention suddenly. Two boys wearing protective masks carry in a lifeless body.

"Bellamy?" I recognise in disbelief, my heart lurching. "Clear some space." I command, as the boys lay Bellamy down onto one of the mattresses. Blood splashes up from his mouth and I roll him over, allowing him to cough it all out and breathe. His once tanned skin is extremely pale, blood surrounding his nose and mouth. I can't help but feel guilt rise within me. It was my fault he was sick, he caught me and brought me into the drop ship.

His breathing was quick and short, as I wiped away the sweat that beaded on his forehead with the cloth, "Hey, Bell." I say, trying to seem calm and comforting but failing.

"Holland, I'm scared." he breathes, his deep brown eyes gazing into mine. My heart breaks at the mere thought of losing him.

"I won't let anything happen to you." I tell him, as I feel slight tears spring in the corner of my eyes. "I promise." My voice is barely above a whisper.

"Thats what I said to Octavia the day she was born." he says with a slight smile as he remembers the happy memory.

"I guess we both have a knack for wanting to protect people, huh?" I say, forcing a smile on my face while trying to blink away a few tears. Bellamy's hand fumbles to grab my hand, holding onto it tightly as if afraid I would leave. "I'm glad your here." he breathes out, his chest heaving up and down.

"Just get some rest now, okay?" I tell him, my heart breaking even further seeing him in such a vulnerable state. "Please, I need you. What's a princess without her guard to protect her?" A stray tear falls down my face as a wave of sadness washes over me.

He nods weakly, squeezing his eyes shut which makes a few tears roll down the side of his face. I gently turn his head to the side, incase of any more coughing fits and his grip on my hand loosens slightly as he falls asleep.

I run my other hand through my hair as I slump back, growing tired once again. "Bellamy?" Octavia questions, rushing down the ladder an kneeling beside him.

"Don't worry Octavia, he's going to be okay." I reassure, but in the back of my mind I know there is a slight possibility of him not actually being okay. She nods weakly, not taking her eyes of her brother.

We sit in silence for a few moments before she speaks up again. "He cares about you, you know." she states.

I crease my eyebrows together in confusion. "What?"

"Holland, he cares about you. And I know you care about him too. I know Bellamy, he's too afraid to admit it to himself."

"But what about the other girls? He just left me to have sex with someone else after the whole Dax incident." I tell her remembering the horrible feeling I felt upon discovering his late night activities. It was like I was punched in the stomach over and over.

"Your different, Hol." She says looking up at me, "Your a fighter. You know how to handle yourself, your strong. Your completely bad-ass. And don't say that your not. According to Lincoln, Anya honestly thought you would make a good warrior - said that you were a waste being on the side of the sky people."

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise at her words. "Really?"

Nodding her head, she looks back at Bellamy who snores ever so softly. "Tell him, Holland. He'll understand." My heartbeat quickens when I realise what she was talking about. The story behind why I murdered someone.

Instantly feeling extremely hot, I excuse myself to get some fresh air. Sucking in deep breaths, I stand on the ramp of the drop ship and watch over the camp.

Not being able to contain it any longer, I let the tears fall, becoming choked on my own sobs. I could feel myself cracking. Grounders were coming at first light to attack. Bellamy could die. We all could die.

>>>>>