Prologue

Nothing is ever as it seems.

Our world had a tough couple of years, many years ago. Or so the stories go. They were long before I was alive, long before the world went to hell.

Our world was dying, and activists wanted to fix it. They did everything.

Even started a war for control.

They say that the leader of the group was a woman named Liann, but I've heard it so many different ways since I was little I couldn't tell you which one was the truth.

The war took over the entirety of North America, and then seeped into South America. Next thing they knew, the whole world was at war with each other. Civil wars, world wars, nuclear wars; everything was happening at once, and nothing could stop the end of the world as we knew it.

Bombs were dropped. Radiation seeped into broken cities, changing babies, changing animals.

The world realized their mistakes too late, when human babies started to look... different. Don't get me wrong, some of them still look human, but the amount of radiation in the air had a huge effect on the way things in the world changed. Among drugs.

The scientists of that day and age struggled to keep up with the new diseases, the new problems.

So different experimental drugs had been made. With crazy side effects; some that never even went away.

Things of stories and nightmares became reality.

I've heard many times about how 'elves' and 'fairies' used to be a thing of myth, people with wings were called 'angels', and 'werewolves, 'shapeshifters' and 'vampires' were stories girls fantasized over.

Over the years... the changes became evolution. Those things exist now, taking the names of the stories our ancestors told. There were no more 'humans', they were an extinct race featured in stories.

The world now is different.

It's a crazy world. A divided one. War and fighting are common between tribes. The tribes could be of mixed races, or one pureblood race. We weren't governed by anyone. I reside in what used to be North America, and I've heard crazy stories that across the waters they have whole kingdoms full of peace and love. We have nothing like that here. We have broken roads and crumbling cities that no one has rebuilt.

I am alone; kicked out of my tribe for being different. They waited until I was old enough to fend for myself before doing it, but I was taught at a young age how to do that. You have to know how to fend for yourself in this world.

If you don't you will probably end up something, or someone's, meal.

The landscape of the world hasn't changes much. Things quieted down after the wars, and I heard the Earth began to heal herself. It's a children's story now, how the Earth caused the human race to go crazy, so she could heal herself. Looking back on my own childhood, sitting around the fire and listening to the designated watcher tell the story, I had to laugh at how dumb I could've been to believe it.

Silly, really; thinking the world could make it's inhabitants crazy.

One thing I do know is that the people of that time would not be able to live in this world. Through the years, the atmosphere changed, as well as the orbit of the planets. The moon was closer to the Earth, and the other planets had become condensed, the pulls to each other closer than they were.

In the night, you could see the craters of the moon, the deep reds of Mars, the lines of Jupiter, even the rings of Saturn. 

It was my favorite time of the day.

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Obviously I am starting something new... I hope you like it :) Let me know!