My revelation of last night was suddenly in the forefront of my thoughts. I could somehow bring myself to love Taylor, couldn't I? I would never find anyone that would love me the way that Taylor always says he does. 

But Officer Lee sprang into my mind. 

"Baby?" Taylor's voice startled me from my thoughts. 

I resumed my task of picking out a bra and underwear from my drawer. 

His body was pressed against my back once again. "Wear these." He lifted up a lacy black thong that I didn't even know I had. 

I nodded, "Okay."

I maneuvered my way around him to dress quickly. 

The black dress fit just right, hugging the tops of my thighs. I admired it in the mirror. 

I was sure I didn't have much time to style my hair. I brushed it out before putting it into a top knot bun on my head. 

I walked over to my vanity table and perched on the small stool. I began to add concealer to my face in attempts to hide my many marks and bruises. 

"What are you doing?" I could see Taylor's face staring at me from his reflection in the mirror. 

"I just... I don't want people to stare at the bru... I mean my face. They will ask questions." 

"You don't need makeup Sian." 

"But..." 

"Your cheek, it's just another way to show I have a claim over you." His response made me feel sick. I nodded. 

I slipped on a pair of sandals and grabbed a clutch from my closet. 

"You look beautiful Sian." Taylor's eyes raked over my body. "Are you all set to go?" 

"Yes."

"But, baby, I think you're forgetting something." I frowned.

In his hand he held my Cartier diamond bracelet. "Give me your arm." I obliged, allowing him to fasten the jewelry around my left wrist. He sighed. "Now, you're perfect." He placed his hands on my hips and kissed my lips. "Now, tell me Sian. What exactly are your plans for today?" 

"Uh, I just thought I'd go shopping downtown. I wanted to buy some things for myself. And... maybe pick up a present for you." 

He beamed. "A present for me? Like what?"

"I can't ruin the surprise." Asking my next question brought an embarrassed blush to my cheeks. "I actually wanted to ask you, could I borrow some money? For shopping. I don't have any of my own."  

"Of course, baby. How much do you need?" 

"Uh 200, I guess."

Taylor laughed loudly. He released my waist and reached into his pocket. His hand reappeared with a wad of money. He split the stack in half. "Here." He held the half out to me.

"Oh, no, I'm sure I don't need that much." 

"Don't be silly, Sian. Take it. Besides, I've got expensive taste. And if you're planning on buying something for me, 200 is not nearly enough." 

I took the money from his hands and stuffed it into my purse. I couldn't even estimate how much it might be. 

"Thank you." 

"Of course. Now, I'll call someone to escort you out today." 

"No!" His expression turned dark quickly. "I mean, I just... I thought that this would be my alone time. I've been surrounded by you and them for six months. Now that you're letting me out I thought this would be my break. It's tiring being constantly surround by people who hate me." I sounded at pitiful as I could. "And leaving me alone with one of them, I'm sure a repeat of yesterday is possible."