voicemail

Here we go again, Lauren can't find a way to sleep. Why? As usual, she's thinking of her.

"I can't sleep again," Lauren groaned. She stood up and headed to her closet to get her pen and notebook where she writes all her stories. The stories she wrote, it's all about her but that person doesn't even know it's her.

"Hmm... A song or a story?" Lauren asks herself. But before she can even answer her own question, her bedroom door flies open with her standing at the door way.

"Lisa? It's already 10:38pm, what the heck are you doing here," Lauren asks. Even if she's happy to see her, she's still wondering why.

"I have no one with me," Lisa pouted and Lauren finds it cute.

Lauren giggled, "So you're staying here instead?" she asked. Lisa nodded. She went to sit next to Lauren. Lauren is laying on her bed with her stomach in contact with the sheets as she laid propped up on her elbows.

"What is this?" Lisa asks looking at her younger sister's notebook.

"Uhm, a notebook obviously?" Lauren said sarcastically. Lisa rolled her eyes. She picked up the notebook and starts flipping through the pages.

"Wow, this one's really good," Lisa says reading the story where this guy is in love with a very close friend of his but he doesn't want to put any awkwardness between them so he hides those feelings and only keeps it in his head that the girl will ever like him. He has contained everything from her all this time even when he was close to breaking. Although he doesn't break down since he has these dreams of which contain the two of them so happy with each other which basically is enough for him... But not only is he having that she also writes letters to her that are all hidden under his bed thinking that one day he'll have a reply...

Lauren made that story a week after she figured out she really likes her older sister, not the way a sibling should even feel for another sibling. The story without it's hidden messages and unknown characters is really like this:

Lauren had always loved Lisa more than a sister although she knows the foul truth of which Lisa would never ever feel the same. Even if there's a slim chance that Lisa can feel the same, Lauren isn't risking it, the fact that her and Lisa's current "okay" relationship would fall apart if she found out, would hurt her more than Lisa. The stories she writes of guys falling for girls and vice versa is just another way of her saying this is how I feel about you, this is how I fell for you and most importantly, why I love you Lisa... Her writing these brilliant and realistic stories are just so good since it's really happening to her. But if the boy writes letters to the girl then what does Lauren do? 

She leaves voicemails into Lisa's old phone, Lisa doesn't use her old phones anymore and basically store them up somewhere so Lauren knows she's safe...

"Thank you," Lauren smiled at her older sister.

"You know, you're really good at this," Lisa says nodding her head. Lauren blushed and smiled.

"Well I just do it when I'm bored and stuff," Lauren says shrugging not making a big deal out of her fantasies with her older sister.

"You sure are amazing Laur," Lisa says still eyeing at Lauren's notebook.

"You wanna go to bed now?" Lisa asks as she puts the notebook down on her desk and joins Lauren and falling into a deep sleep. But Lauren was still deep in thought, staring at her sister.