school boys (fluff)

summary: Dan likes to call himself a fuckboy. He's not.

"Do you wanna make out?"

"Excuse me?"

This was going wrong. Oh, this was going horribly wrong- Dan just wanted to flirt, not creep!

"I-I mean, if you want to of course, this would be completely consensual and not right now-"

"You don't even know my name," Phil retorted, cheeks still red as he tried avoiding the brunette's gaze. He knew who he was, hell Dan was known for being hot and popular. Where as Phil- well, he just a nobody, really.

"It's. . ." Dan trailed off and looked at the books in his hand, reading the signature on it. "Phil."

"You cheated! That doesn't count! You don't know my full name."

"Marry me then I'll have your last name down too."

Phil raised an eyebrow, hiding a smirk. "That was pretty smooth. This could've gone so well."

"Look, this is me attempting to flirt. I think you're cute, okay? And I notice you in class, I know you don't think I do but I look at you a lot- that sounded really weird, I-"

Phil giggled, biting on his tongue to prevent himself from smiling. Dan blushed, itching at the back of his neck.

"Aren't you considered to be a player around these halls?" Phil spoke up, raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah, because I am!" Dan attempted to sound manly, his voice cracking and failing.

"Sure seems like it," Phil scoffed, stepping forward until Dan had his back resting against the wall and they were inches apart. Phil reached up with his free hand, pointing at his chest. "See I think you're secretly a big softie. You still cry over Zayn leaving One Direction, your mom makes your lunch and you're wearing Sonic boxers."

"H-how'd you know about the boxers?"

"Your pants don't really stay up," Phil murmured, leanig back and grinning at the way Dan blushed in embarrassment . "A belt sounds good."

"Well a date with you sounds better."

"There he goes again. All pickup lines and no real game. So tell me, Dan, why should I go on a date with you?" Phil challenged, pushing his glasses up. Dan patted down his clothes, clearing his throat.

"I'm popular-"

"Don't care."

"I'm hot?" Dan offered up. Phil shrugged.

"True, but not a relevant point."

"I like boys."

"Well shit, I'd sure hope so."

"I. . ." Dan stammered. "I think you're a really great and pretty person and I'd really like it if people got to see me walking around with someone like you. I wanna show you off, even if it's just for one night. One night is all I'm asking for. I'll never cheat off you again."

Phil's eyes widened. "You've been cheating off me?"

"Please just go on a date with me."

Phil felt himself smirking at how desperate Dan was, puppy eyes locked on him and hands clasped together in a pleading gesture.

Phil kissed Dan's cheek, swaying his hips as he began to walk away and yelled, "Pick me up at seven!"

As Phil began turning the corner, he peeked in the corner of his eye to see Dan fistbumping the air.

And honestly, Phil wishes he told Dan to pick him up sooner.