merry christmas (angst)

summary: 2009!phan have a long-distance relationship and send each other presents every Christmas until something goes wrong.

tw// suicidal thoughts and/or references including death

"I love it, Dan, I really do."

I smiled at the boy on my computer screen, opened box in his hand revealing the scrapbook I made him. It was Christmas in three days, but we always sent it early so it'd get there on time.

"I love your present too, Philly," I grinned, looking at the small plush dinosaur he bought me. "So how are you?"

"Good, I've got a surprise for you," Phil giggled. I raised an eyebrow.

"Phil, you know I hate surprises."

"You'll love this one though, I promise. Even I'm excited."

"When will I find out?"

"By tomorrow,"  he smiled. "Just don't worry about it. I don't like you stressing yourself."

"Alright, alright."

"Dan, dinner's ready!" My mum called. I pouted over to Phil.

"I gotta go. Talk to you tonight?"

"Can't."

"Huh? But we always Skype."

"It has to do with the surprise, babe. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay? I love you, sleep well bear."

"I hate you," I giggled. Phil raised an eyebrow at me. "Alright, fine, I love you. Goodnight."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

I hung up and shut my laptop, hurrying downstairs to meet my parents at the dinner table.

"Were you talking to Phil again?" My mum smiled. I nodded.

"He said he has some surprise for me tomorrow," I told her, crossing my arms. I noticed mother smiling down at herself. I furrowed my eyebrows. "You know something about it too, don't you?"

"Maybe," she chuckled. I dropped my hands. "Hey, stop pouting. You'll find out in less than twenty-four hours."

"But I wanna know now!" I groaned.

"Eat your dinner and stop complaining," mum demanded. I exhaled and obliged, chomping down on the food. I washed the dishes and looked over at my mother. She caught me staring and laughed at me. "I'm not telling you anything, and don't bug Phil about it either. Just trust us, alright? Now get to bed."

"Ughhh, you guys suck."

"You won't be saying that tomorrow," mum nodded at me. I sighed and trudged upstairs, flopping into my bed after changing.

I fell asleep after some struggle.

-

The next morning I was woken up by my mother practically forcing me out of the house.