gravity (angst)

summary: Dan isn't human and Phil is.

inspired and credit to @//softdaniel on Twitter!

spaceboy!dan, plantboy!phil

Dan was never really normal. Or human, to be exact.

But his boyfriend, Phil Lester, was.

Dan wouldn't call himself an alien, but he wouldn't call himself a homosapian either. Hell, the only homo he was is homosexual.

"You are the gravity that keeps me here," Dan would whisper to his boyfriend every night. And Phil would respond,

"You are the sun that keeps my flowers blooming."

And then they'd fall asleep. 

Phil knew something wasn't right about Dan. There was a glow to him- quite literally. At night he was almost glow-in-the-dark, and he was a hardcore space nerd. He got all As when it came to learning about the universe in science, and all he ever sketched was planets and stars and his boyfriend.

Which apparently didn't count, because to Dan, Phil was the Galaxy in his cluster of stars. Phil was the sight that helped Dan form them into constellations. He was the moon that fell down and the sun that came up. He was what made the earth turn and revolve and made Dan happiest.

Phil would ask him what planet Dan was drawing, and he would respond with the craziest names and oddest descriptions, explaining that he knows they're out there somehow.

They felt home with each other. But literally speaking, Dan was very far from his real home.

Phil woke up in the middle of the night and turned onto his back, reaching his arm out and freezing when he felt Dan wasn't next to him. He sat up, looking around the room.

"Dan?" He whispered.

"Out here!" Came his voice from the balcony. Phil yawned and put on a sweatshirt, trailing outside to find his boyfriend looking through their telescope. Phil smiled, going up behind him and wrapping his arms around him. He pressed a gentle kiss to the back of his neck and felt Dan lean against him.

"Baby, it's four in the morning, what are you doing awake?"

Dan pushed the telescope away to turn and look at his boyfriend, pulling him along until his back touched the railing.

"Phil, have you ever felt like you didn't belong?" Dan suddenly asked. Phil furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well yeah, in school I was the outcast."

"But it's not school I'm talking about," Dan looked down. "I don't think I belong here. Here on earth, I mean."

"What? Dan, what are you on about?"

"I don't think I belong on this planet," he explained. "And I know it sounds crazy, but I don't think my family is my real family either. I belong up there, not here." He pointed to the sky then gestured around them.

"Look, you have weird things about your appearance but that's normal-"

"Glowing is normal? Not being able to sleep every night is normal? Knowing every single language by heart is normal? Es loco, yo soy loco! Tu tiene un corazón, yo tengo estrellas! Et je'taime-"

"I have no idea what you're saying!" Phil groaned. Dan exhaled.

"Exactly! But for some reason I do- I've known every word in every language since I was born! And why don't I have a birth certificate? Or have any records of me being here on earth at all?"

"I don't know, Dan-"

"Exactly again! I don't belong here, not on Earth! Not with you!" Phil stepped back and Dan's eyes widened. "I didn't mean it like that. . . I love you, sugar, you know that. . . but I can't stay here. I can't stay with you."

"You said I was the gravity that kept you here. . ." Phil sighed. "I'll help you figure out where you belong. I'll help you find your home."

"I've already found my home," Dan smiled at his boyfriend, kissing him. "And it's you. We just need to find my house."

"Fine. This is gonna take lots of work though."

"I don't mind it if I'm with you."

Phil rolled his eyes. "Go to bed, you nerd." Dan giggled and started back to their room, Phil falling behind.

"Come on, I wanna cuddle!" He heard Dan whine. Phil laughed, hurrying back inside and sliding in next to his boyfriend.

He held him tightly, Dan leaning against him and falling asleep.

And this time Phil was the one that couldn't sleep. "Please don't go," Phil whispered. And when he was almost asleep, he heard a reply.

"You know I have to."