ஐRealizationஐ {16}

"I need to go home." I say dryly. My mind was overflowing with information now. I don't know which is worse, that or all the questions I had before.

"You need to hear me out first." She says and sits up and looks at me dead in the eye.

I gulped.

"I lived the way Derek did for over a century and I gave up. I'm stuck in hell now with my father who is almost as bad as Satan himself. Derek has continued." She explains. I suddenly started to feel a lot of pressure. "I had been linked to three people while I was half in, half out. The first was executed as a teenager for being crazy in the head. Second died, mid-aged in a car crash, the third I fell deeply for and he broke my heart because he didn't love me back so I decided to give up."

How could someone live for so long and be put through nothing but absolute torture? I can see why she gave up. My biggest fear is having my heart broken and being abandoned again, like my dad did with me.

"Derek has had four chances." She said after a bridge of silence. Four? They must've all died pretty early. "Ya know what though? He never tried to get any of their attention. You're the fourth girl but your the first he had any remote interest in." I looked up at her in shock. What? Me? I began to laugh out loud but then felt bad because this wasn't much of a laughing matter.

"Why me?" I asked, trying to be serious.

"I don't know. Something special about you, I guess." She says, slouching back into her chair and looking at her nails again.

"Well... I need to go." I say and start to stand up. She stands in front of me and holds out her hand. A hand shake? That's a bit unusual. I go in for her hand and suddenly feel a shock rush through my body which causes me to wince.

I open my eyes and I'm suddenly in the alleyway by my house with my hand still in Absinthe's.

"You're welcome." She smiles and let's go of my hand and begins to walk away. She transported me? Can Derek do that? If not, I will be pretty upset with him considering that could've helped in many situations.

I walk around the corner and enter my house. My mom was home.

"How was studying?" My mother asks, lowering her reading glasses as she sits on the couch, reading a book.

"It was definitely interesting." I sigh and begin to walk upstairs.

I sit on my bed, exhausted. I need sleep. Sleep and a shower would do so much for me right now but since I don't have the energy to stand up for a shower, a bath it is then.