Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up to the sun hitting my face. I groaned and turned my body the other way, the sun now hitting my back. I reached for my phone to check the time: 6am. I took my phone off the charger and opened snapchat, scrolling through stories. Everyone back at home were getting ready for the winter holidays, some of them going to the snow and some sitting at home snuggling up to their boyfriends and what not. I kept scrolling through until my phone vibrated and a message popped up at the top of my screen. I scrolled it down so I could read it before it goes, it was a text message. From Ethan. At this time in the morning. What?

Ethan: "Hey you up?"

Bec: "Yeah just woke up now"

Ethan: "Omg sorry did I wake you"

Bec: "Nah the sun did. What are you doing up at this time anyway?"

Ethan: "I couldn't sleep."

Bec: "Ohhh"

Ethan: "Anyway, do you wanna come for a walk with me. Like now"

Bec: "Yeah sure"

YES YES YES YES PRIVACYYYY

Ethan: "Alright I'm coming now. Be ready x"

Even that 'x' kills me

Bec: "Alright see you then x"

I jumped out of bead as fast as I could and ran to my closet to try and find the outfit. That one outfit that is so comfortable but makes me look hot at the same time. I don't want to dress to impress, but today I'm feeling good, so why not look good? I tied up my nike's and quietly tip-toed to the kitchen. As I was about to pick up an apple, my phone beeped again. I took it out of my pocket and checked to see another message from Ethan.

Ethan: "By the way, don't eat anything. We'll get breakfast together"

I smiled and put the apple back down, grabbing my keys as I quietly opened the door and walked out, locking it behind me and walking towards the elevator. I got down to the lobby and walked outside, feeling the breeze hit me as I stepped out. I have to admit, America did have pretty good weather, but Australia is known for their high temperatures, so I couldn't compare. I stood outside for a little bit and was about to pull out my phone until I heard a loud engine coming towards me.

I look up to see Ethan on his mini bike slowing down and parking in front of the hotel. He got off and looked up at me, a bright smile appearing on his face. I smiled back and walked towards him, giving him a friendly hug. We let go and started walking, to where? I wouldn't know. But Ethan seemed to know where we were going, so I didn't question.

"So, are you enjoying it here so far?" He asked as we turned a corner. The roads were empty this morning, unlike Australia. Normally, if you're up at this time you can see people walking or going for a jog up and down the street, the roads filled with drivers rushing to get to work, but here is different. There are a few cars, and I think we have walked passed one person. I guess Americans aren't morning people... I have found where I belong.

"This place is amazing! Don't get me wrong I knew it was going to be amazing but not this amazing! I said amazing too many times didn't I?" I said slightly laughing as Ethan fixed his hair in the wind, laughing as well.

"Haha yeah it is pretty amazing. I never get tired of it here. The views, the places to go, the people, everything! I know you'll love it here" he said as he looked at me and smiled. I could probably melt right now does he know he has that impact on me?

"Yeah I know I will too" I said as I looked back and smiled at him. We kept walking and talking about YouTube and LA until Ethan stopped in front of a little cafe that had the view of the beach ahead. The sun was still rising so the view was amazing.

"So, this is where we can eat, you wanna come inside? There's a better view at the back" He said as he looked at me and walked in, me following behind him. When we got to the back of the cafe, we walked onto the little balcony that showed the view of the beach. It was so pretty, and I was spending it with Ethan. Can this get any better?

"Hi I'm Meredith I'll be your waitress this morning an- Ethan?! OMG hi how are you?"
A girl said as she walked up to us, completely ignoring me and starting a conversation with Ethan. I guess things don't get better.

As this girl 'Meredith' was talking, I noticed Ethan shifting in his seat and taking quick looks at me, no smile visible on his face. He was clearly uncomfortable. Well, it's about time I use my "I don't give a you know what" side.

"AHEM" I said pretty loudly, Meredith jumping a little and turning slowly to face me. She glared at me as I give her a beaming smile and fluttered my eyes.

"I'm sorry, who are you? I don't think Ethan's mentioned a 'Meredith' before." I said tilting my head a little, still giving her a smile that seemed to piss her off.

"Oh, um well me and Ethan are friends. Actually were pretty close, I don't think he mentioned a... Short girl to me" she said smirking as if she just said the best joke ever invented.

"Oh that's because I may be a little short, but I'm bigger in every way. Oh and by the way, we'd like a water for the table. Like, now. I'm kinda thirsty" I said giving her a slight nod as I rubbed my throat, emphasising I was thirsty. Her smirk faded as she flipped her beach blonde hair and walked off, not saying another word to either me or Ethan. When she was out of sight I bursted out into laughter, Ethan doing the same. We both caught a few side looks from other customers but we didn't care.

We took a few minutes to calm ourselves and when we did, an angry Meredith came to the table with a jug of water and two cups, slamming them hard in front of me. This made Ethan jump a little, but for me I was expecting her to retaliate in some way, so I wasn't surprised. I looked up at her and gave her the same annoying smile as before.

"Oh sweetie be careful, you might break a nail" I said nodding again slightly. She stomped her foot as if she was a little girl not getting her way, and she stormed off inside, before me and Ethan started laughing again.

"Well someone's a little sassy today. Thanks for getting me out of that" Ethan said once he controlled his breathing

"It's alright you seemed uneasy. Plus that barbie was annoying me anyway. Not all princess should get their way" I said as I took a sip of water. In the corner of my eye I saw Ethan smiling at me, then at the table, as if he was proud of me, before taking a sip of his water too.