Adrienette: Demigods!

Marinette stepped away from the Big House, her mind in a daze.

She was a demigod.

The daughter of... Of a Greek god.

How was that even possible?

All her life she had been told she was normal, that she only had ADHD and dyslexia, that it was perfectly fine, that the monsters that lurked in the shadows were figments of her imagination.

But now... But now it was all real. The monsters, the little strokes of luck, the urge to fight, the urge to destroy.

She had always been just Marinette.

But now, she was Marinette Dupain-Cheng, daughter of Tyche, goddess of luck.

Apparently, her father had been in a relationship with that goddess. Apparently Sabine wasn't her real mother, although their physical appearances were uncanny when it came to similarities.

Marinette didn't know how to take the information.

So she wandered the camp, waving off her assigned satyr's suggested help, exploring her new camp all by herself.

She continued her stroll, away from the Big House, away from the shocking information, away from the cruel reality that was her life.

Her mind was a blank slate as she strolled, noting all the different areas.

A blacksmith shop, filled with muscly, fire-hardened kids, ranging in size and color, but all seemed to harbor the same sparkling brown eyes.

A stable for horses, or rather pegasi, all whinnying impatiently. One black-haired boy, about seventeen or so, fed a black winged-horse, his sea green eyes alight with amusement. The summer heat did not seem to affect him as he spoke calmly to the horse.

The boy glanced Marinette's way, and she stiffened under his mysterious gaze. His tan skin looked like bronze under the sunlight, and his green eyes glittered with bridled power. His lean figure was simply muscular, and he nodded slightly to the blue-haired girl. He seemed nice enough, but he was intimidating.

Marinette decided to move on.

She passed an assortment of cabins, all varying in size and design. Some looked menacing, others regal, others warm and inviting, but all were brimming with children of all different ages and looks.

Marinette resumed her aimless path and stumbled across the dining pavilion, where a few kids sat and quietly talked.

Demigods, Marinette reminded herself. All of these kids are the children of the Greek gods.

The bluenette felt sick. This was all too much information. Too much to take in, to absorb and process. She needed to find somewhere safe and quiet to think. Just for a while.

So she wandered further, before she reached the edge of camp and faced a hedge of foliage. A forest, Marinette thought, relieved to hear a soft bird's song echo from within the greenery. A forest is a good place to think.

-*-

A forest is not a good place to think.

Not this forest, anyway.

It crackled with life. Wherever Marinette strolled, the overwhelming feeling of being watched, of being hunted, filled her with dread as she walked. She just couldn't shake the feeling, and she quickly understood this wasn't your average forest.