escape - chapter 9

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dedications: to my Crazy Awesome readers

i love it when people that read my story sends me messages it inspires me to keep writing and to upload soon, so for this chapter you have to thank KerrydaQueen, Joolamoola, and any any one else who has messaged me and given me inspiration to write.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Escape - Chapter 9

Carissa's p.o.v

Then I saw him. Blonde hair and the biggest brown eyes I have ever seen. I wanted to cry so badly. I had forgotten all about my best friend. Kai and I had known each other from the day I was born, when he was only two.

"Kai what are you doing here?" I asked him. I threw his glasses and mask to the end of the bed, seeing no reason for him to be wearing them. "Shh, not now." he mumbled. He came closer to me and crashed his lips onto mine.

I had millions of questions to ask him but they all seemed so small when he kissed me. We finally broke apart, gasping for air. "What are you doing here Kai?" I asked him again. "Carissa, please wait till I get you out of here. We only have half an hour to make it out of here." he said. He gestured to the clothes on the bed. "Get dressed." he told me, then he walked to the door. He opened it and peeked out, then shut the door back.

Out of here; we're leaving, but how? What about Oliver? I can't just leave him.

I sat on the bed just watching him. He's gotten taller; he must be like 6'3 at least, and he looked like he worked out. Not that I'm complaining. I crawled to the edge of the bed. Which took a lot more effort than it sounds like. My bones are aching and my heart was pounding loudly in my ears. I collapsed on to the bed. My arms weren't even strong enough to hold my weight.

Kai came running to my rescue. He sat on the bed and put me in his lap. "What's wrong Rissa" he asked. "I'm just tired" I told him, not wanting him to worry so much. I closed my eyes so I didn't I have to stare into his eyes while I lied to him.

I felt him sliding Oliver's not so white shirt up and over my head. My eyes shot open. What does he think he's doing? Taking my shirt off like that! I'm not that kind of girl. It might not seem that way because I so willingly kissed him. But I'm not some whore.

"Kai what do you think you're doing?" I asked him. "Changing you because you obviously can't do it yourself." he said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Oh."

Kai continued changing me. Sometimes I saw him glancing at me, but for a guy he did a great job. When he finished he stood me up and helped me into the heels. I don't know how they plan for me to walk in these if I can barely walk as it is.

The dress was beautiful; it was purple with black flower designs at the bottom, it was strapless and it stopped right below my knees. "Kai can I have one of those water bottles?" I asked him. He opened one for himself and passed me one then sat me back on the bed.

Kai tossed me the apple then put my dirty clothes and the rest of the things in his bag. He unzipped a side pocket on the bag then pulled out a hair brush. My cheeks flushed just thinking how my hair looks. It hasn't been brushed in days.

I'm sure he tried to softly brush through my hair, but it was so matted and tangled that it felt like he was just pulling my hair and not trying to untangling it. After a few minutes of pure agony. Kai announced that he was finished.

Kai quickly took off his black attire in exchange for new black attire. It turns out he was wearing an all-black suit underneath. How cute.

There was a knock on the door. I gave a panicked look to Kai who didn't look fazed at all. He motioned for me to answer the door. I was able to walk to the door with no trouble at all. What was in that water Kai gave me? Was it even water? I shouldn't be able to stand, let alone walk.

I opened the door. Behind it was Oliver, looking as good as ever. He was wearing a black suit with a baby blue tie. "You look great Carissa" he told me. Then placed his hand on my cheek, tracing my jaw line with his fingertips. I closed my eyes, enjoying his touch even if it was just his hand.

I felt someone pull me backwards. "Sorry to interrupt, but we have to get going." Kai said. "Is that so?" Oliver asked, looking at me. "Did you even think about how much I would miss you if you left?" he questioned. "Oli-" Kai cut me off.

"Oliver stop messing around, we need to get out of here. Did you get the bag of food and clothes for all of us?" "Yep it's all waiting outside in the car".

What is going on? How does Kai knows Oliver? I don't understand; where are we going to go? Are they taking me home? Will I get to see my dad? Dad. Tears stung my eyes. I missed my dad, I love him yet I just left him. Just like that I was gone and it was my choice. I didn't even look back. I'm a heartless b!tch that doesn't deserve a dad like mine. Maybe when I get back I can make it better. I can fix everything that happened between us and start anew.

Oliver reached out his hand. "Follow me." I took his warm hand in mine and followed him out the room, with Kai close behind. Oliver motioned for us to stay quite. "Prince Oliver." someone called from down the hall.

It was an elderly man probably eighty years old. Hmm I thought vampires didn't age... "Grandpa" Oliver replied sounding happy to see his grandfather. "Is this your date for this evening?" he asked. "she's a looker" I blushed at what his grandfather was saying. "Yes grandpa, this is Carissa, but we have to go. I love you grandfather." Oliver pulled me further down the hall.

The hall was nicely lit. It had wooden floors and red walls. There were lots of closed doors on both sides and one large glass window at the end. It looked like we were walking to the window, but why? Outside the window I could see the tops of the trees, which meant that we were not on the first floor. Great.

We all stopped at the window. Oliver let go of my hand. My hand felt cold without him holding it and I immediately wanted to grab his hand back. Oliver took about ten steps away from the window, then went running full speed out the window. The glass shattered and fell all around us. I ran to the window looking for Oliver.

When I found him he was dusting dirt off his suit ninety feet below me. I let out a breath of air. He was safe, that's what matters. "It's your turn." Kai said. I climbed up onto the window and looked down. Oliver looked so small, like a little ant. Oliver spread out his arms like he was ready to catch me.

I felt someone push me out the window. With my eyes closed tightly, I felt the wind blowing against me and my hand was burning in the center of my palm. Then, I felt Oliver's arms wrap around me.

I slowly opened my eyes. Oliver stared down at me with a full blown smile on his face. "You're welcome." he told me. "For what?" I asked, not sure what I should be thanking him for. "For catching you." he told me. "Oh, thanks Oliver." I told him. He sat me on the ground and gestured for Kai to jump. Kai was a lot braver than I was. He tossed the bag to Oliver then jumped out of the window in to Oliver's arms. We all followed Oliver to where ever he was taking us. A breeze picked up. Oliver froze. He turned around and grabbed my hand. "You're bleeding." he told me. I looked at my hand. There was a large gash. Oh, I had forgotten all about that.

He brought my hand to his mouth. He ran his tongue up and down my hand. It sent a shiver down my spine, then right back up it.

He let go of that hand, grabbed the other and started walking again. I stared at the hand that had been cut. The gash was gone. There wasn't even a trace of there being a cut there at all. Wow.

so that was chapter 9.

70 votes,50 comments, fan, Fan, FAN!!!!