eighteen - concert buzz

Luke stood backstage rocking back and forth on his feet. He could hear the screams from backstage and they sent shivers down his spine. Ashton walked up to him and wrapped his arm around him.

"I don't know if I can do this," Luke said, looking at the stage.

"Luke, you're going to be fine, we're all here for you, we'll all be with you, it's going to be perfect," Ashton said, rubbing his side gently.

"That's a lot of people," Luke breathed.

Michael walked up beside him. "Exactly, man. This is the start of a new world."

Luke sighed and nodded.

"You're on in two," A man said, making Luke shiver.

"I got to get my ears in, we'll have a good time, good luck," Ashton said, grabbing Luke's face and kissing him quickly. 

Luke sighed as Ashton walked away. Soon the lights were on and Luke was putting his guitar around his shoulder. And then, they were walking on stage. The screams got louder, causing a smile to appear to Luke's face. He stepped up to the microphone and breathed in again.

"What's going on, Los Angeles!" He yelled into the mic, making the crowd scream.

He looked over at Michael who smiled at him.

"For those of you, probably most," Luke chuckled, "That don't know us, we are Five Seconds of Summer."

They cheered again, making Luke figure they're just going to scream at everything he says.

"Are you ready to rock?" Ashton yelled into his mic, making the crowd roar once more.

That's when they started their first song, End Up Here. Luke backed up to start the song and when it was time to sing, he stepped up to the mic.

"You walked in, everyone was asking for your name," Luke sang, not as strong as he should have, but enough to sound good.

Michael noticed the nerves in Luke's voice and made his way over, throwing his arm around his shoulder and joining in with him.

"My head spins," Michael sang with Luke, causing Luke to relax and sing better.

When the chorus came on everyone felt it. They all got into it and everything went smoothly. They would jump around the stage and mess with each other and sing. Luke made sure to occasionally send wide smiles to Ashton as he played the drums behind them.

And that was the beginning of a very good night.

***

"That was amazing!" Luke yelled when he walked off the stage. 

Everyone shouted 'yeah!"  in agreement as Niall walked up to them and high fived them.

"That's the concert buzz, Luke, get used to it," Niall chuckled.

"I love it!" Luke smiled wide.

"Well, welcome to the concert life guys, enjoy your stay," Niall nodded.

Calum chuckled and threw his arm around Luke's shoulder. "Oh we will."