-TIME SKIP-

"Ugh," I groaned, struggling into an upright position.

My eyes cracked open to find a douche smirking, "I see you've woken up. That bullet wound certainly did look...nasty," his expression only grew crueler.

"I wouldn't expect less from rabid animals--" I grunted when three bullets struck my arm, thigh and side. I bit down on my tongue, determined not to scream, determined not to excite the man further.

"It's gonna be a long night, sweet pea..." I released a shaky breath when he stood, grateful he distracted himself with assessing more weapons rather than making me more mangled. I shifted, unable to stop small whimpers from passing my lips as I dug into my skin to retrieve the bullets still burning the area they were lodged in. It was only now that I semi-wished being lost in 'True Blood', at least as one of those vampires the healing process pushed the objects causing damage out of you on auto-pilot.

My eyelids fluttered, relief sagging my shoulders when I successfully retrieved the final agony. Leaving my lids sealed as I tried to hone my hearing on the surrounding woodland... "Ask your brother. Where's Tyler?..." My teeth gritted when I realized I was too weak to pick up Stefan's words on the other line. I may have seen what the guy said on the episode, but Caroline wasn't being tortured this time. The dialogue might be completely different... "You made a mistake, Stefan. I'm gonna give you a chance to fix it..." Crickets replaced their conversation, panic building in my stomach when I realized I'd grown too weak to even hear Jules-- "Right here. Want proof?" With the end of her question, Jules entered the little trailer--joining me and her boy toy. "He needs proof..." Her words were almost teasing, my gut twisting with the sadistic glint that entered my warden's eyes.

He shot me another two times, the bullets striking my hand and grazing my neck forced me to yelp without warning. "Bite me!" I hissed automatically, grateful the bullet passed through my palm completely as I watched the hole heal.

"Isn't that your job, sweetcheeks(?)" A snarl escaped me with her teasing wink, my grip attempting to bend the bars of my cage when she left us alone.

"Oh, come on. Not one little tear(?)" He sipped his beer, my position changing as I crossed my legs and faced forward, trying to focus on building enough juju to escape.

My chuckle was pained, "I've dealt with a lot worse than alpha male syndrome from the pup of the pack."

I continued what seemed like meditation, sealing my lids as I mentally searched within myself. Desperate for a spark of energy to get through this-- "Anyway, how many vampires in this town?"

"You should have considered my co-operation before shooting me," I released a heavy exhale, continuing to strengthen my focus when pumps and squirts forced me to crack an eye open. He was now crouched in front of my cage, a squirt gun filled with vervain water lazily aimed toward me. I hissed sharply when some reached my hand, "Why are you doing this? What do you want?"

"To hurt you."

I gave him my full focus, unclenching my fists. "Why?"

"Because you're a monster."

"And you're not?" He aimed for my face, smirk widening as he succeeded in singeing some of my cheek. I gasped with the pain, grateful he moved away to stand by the mobile home exit when three knocks sounded on the trailer door. It was a signal that Jules was preparing to call back-up, and if she needed back-up then my saviors were hopefully just outside--bringing this nightmare to a close sooner than I expected.