Chapter 6 - Meeting Niklaus

I woke up 30 minutes later and saw that I was in my bedroom in the boarding house. I stretched my body across my bed and smiled. I wasn't tired anymore from when Klaus put me to sleep. I looked down at my outfit, dirtied with blood and covered in small holes from being thrown out a window. I got up, went to my walk-in closet, then walked to my bathroom to take a quick shower. When I finished, I dried myself then put on a new outfit and decided I would go look for a camper to feed from.

Once I was deep in the woods, I sat on the floor, back against a tree, and listened to everything around me. As I sat with my eyes closed and tried to listen out for the sound of a heartbeat, I heard footsteps. They all of a sudden stopped, as if trying to sense who or what I was. Then there was a rush of wind and I immediately opened my eyes and jumped to my feet, about to run away at full-speed, when I heard a melodic British accent.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here," the man said. I kept my head facing the ground, refusing to look at the person in front of me. I had no idea who it was, but I could sense danger eminating from them. "Arabella Genevieve Salvatore," the man said, causing me to let out a small whimper and close my eyes tight. "Don't call me that," I whispered. He chuckled darkly at my comment then began circling me.

"What is it about you?" He asked as he circled my shaking body. I remained silent as I tried, and failed, to stop shaking. "There is something different about you," he said as he caressed my cheek. When he touched me, a spark flashed from his finger to my skin. Surprised, and somewhat afraid of the feeling, I turned my head away from him and squeezed my eyes shut, hoping he would leave me alone. When I flinched from his touch, a low growl rumbled out of his throat, making me flinch back. He grabbed my chin and forced me to face him. "What makes you so special?" he whispered out gently.

Surprised and intrigued by his gentle tone, I slowly opened my eyes and gasped at who I saw. Standing in front of me, hand holding my chin, was the man from my visions. Here he was, standing in front of me in all has angelic beauty. I looked into his eyes and was immediately hypnotized. Those amazing, ocean blue eyes were watching me carefully with a wide variety of emotions. He was angry, perplexed, curious... and lonely. I placed my hand on his and gently removed it from my face. He looked shocked at this then carefully watched my movements. I slowly placed my hand on his cheek and gave him a gentle smile. He leaned his face into my hand and closed his eyes as he enjoyed my touch. "How much have you had to endure?" I whispered sadly. He stiffened then opened his eyes, shocked at my words.

I gave him a sympathetic smile then instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down into a hug. He remained stiff as I held onto him, then slowly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close against his chest. He put his face in the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent as he gave me a gentle squeeze. "How can you see through me so easily? Why are you so bloody special?" he whispered. I pushed him away gently, but kept my hands on his shoulder and gave him a smile. I rubbed my thumb across his cheek then stood up onto my tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. "Because I don't want you to be alone anymore," I said. He pulled me into one more hug, pecked me on the forehead, and began to walk away. "Wait, what's your name?" I yelled to him. He stopped then slightly turned to me and gave me that amazing smile I love so much. "Niklaus Mikaelson," he said then turned and continued walking away.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dazed, I walked through the front door of the boarding house and saw Jenna holding a crossbow aimed at Alaric. I snapped out of it right away as Jenna yelled, "Get out!" I stared wide-eyed then slowly walked to Jenna. "Jenna, put the cross-bow down, ok?" I said calmly. "It's me," Ric said pleading with her. If I hadn't have seen Klaus just now in the woods, I wouldn't believe him either. But I knew it was him and I had to calm Jenna. "Stay away from me," she said angrily, moving the crossbow between Ric and I. At her words, my face fell and I backed away from her, hurt. As I backed away, she realized what she had done and gave an apologetic look. "Gene, I'm so..." she started, but Elena, Stefan, Damon and Elijah walked in.