Chapter 4 - Waking Mr. Mikaelson

As I finished telling Bonnie about my plan, Damon and Stefan both walked down the stairs, and into the room. I immediately got up, ran to Damon, and threw my arms around his neck. "Damon!" I cheered, covering-up the fact that Bonnie and I were talking in secret. He hugged me back, and held me as if he was scared I would crumble if he let go. "Little love, I'm so sorry. I had no idea, but you knew. That's why you were so scared, wasn't it? You felt it," he said with his head buried in the crook of my neck. I giggled as his breath tickled my neck and nodded my head.

"Damon, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm fine," I said rubbing his back. He shook his head and let me go, holding me at arms-length, with teary eyes. "It's not fine, Genevieve! You could have been hurt! Or worse," he shouted, then mumbled out the last sentence. I smiled at him as Stefan put an arm around his shoulder giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Don't beat yourself up about it Damon," he said as Damon shrugged off his arm, causing a small amount of hurt to flash through Stefan's eyes. I gave Damon a glare and he looked down. "Sorry, I'm just... so angry," he said running his hands through his hair. Stefan patted his back, then walked up the stairs and out the house.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We finally got to the boarding house and I immediately went to change my outfit, then walked down the stairs to get a blood bag from the basement. When I opened the cooler and grabbed a bag I sensed a presence down the hall, so I slowly walked to the containment cells. I walked towards it and saw that a cell door was open and silently counted to three. On three, I jumped in front of the door and saw a surprised Elena. "Jesus Elena! I thought you were some rogue vampire," I said standing up normally and opening my blood bag. "Sorry Gene, I thought you guys were still at the witch house," she said with a sorry smile. I shrugged my shoulders, "We just got back," I said draining the bag and tossing it to the floor.

I looked over at her and saw how conspicuous she was acting and eyed her carefully. It was then that I noticed the gray vampire body laying next to her and looked between her and it. "Who's that?" I asked tilting my head to the side confused. "This, Gene, is Elijah," she said with a guilty face. My eyes widened and remembered Damon had said originals can only die if a dagger is left in them. I noticed the absence of said dagger and immediately grabbed her arm pulling her away from him. "Silentio est opus. Silentio auditi sunt. Occultare citroque verbis," I chanted as a blue field spread around the walls of the cell. Elena looked at me confused then watched with a shocked face as the field spread.

"What... But you're a vampire. I don't..." She stammered on as I gave her a look that said "Are you done?" She closed her mouth and looked at me with curious eyes. I folded my arms across my chest and gave out a deep sigh. "I'm a hybrid. I'm half witch and half vampire. Only my brothers, Bonnie, and now, you, know." She stood silently thinking about everything. "Now why are you waking up Elijah Original? I doubt it's just to have a small chat," I said sarcastically. She looked at the blue field, slightly unsure if it was safe to talk. "Don't worry, the blue field makes it so no one outside this room can hear us." "Oh... Well I know there's no way we can stop the ritual from happening. I mean, it's tonight, and Elijah is our only chance."

I looked at her like she had three heads, and shook my head. "You don't get it, do you Elena? Elijah might be a man of honor, but you still betrayed his trust. And as for him being "our only chance", as you said, he isn't. He's just the easiest option for you," I said as she stared at me shocked. "That's not true," she said shaking her head. "Oh isn't it? Tell me, did you think my brother's wouldn't think of something to save the woman they both love? I mean, I myself, already have a plan that's fool-proof, but then here you are doing something stupid, not caring who's plans it'll ruin because YOU THINK it's right," I said keeping my voice calm, but still showing all the anger I have towards her. She looked hurt then looked down at the ground not knowing what to say.