Chapter 5 - Elijah Tells All

After Elena walked out of the car, she walked over to us and followed along. "He's here," she said turning to look at Elijah. He looked at her sort of shocked for a minute then asked, "Klaus is here?" Hearing his name, sent a riot of emotions flying through me, causing me to stop walking to try and relax. As my mind wandered, it went to the eyes that I saw and loved so much. Those deep, ocean blue eyes, they had been looking at me with all the kindness in the world, and were all I could ever see when I closed my eyes. Noticing that I stopped walking, Elijah stopped as well and turned to look at me. "Are you alright Genevieve?" he said with a slightly worried face. I looked up at him as he asked me the question and searched his eyes. I smiled at him and nodded my head, starting to walk alongside them again.

As Elijah and I started walking again, Elena gave me a smile that asked, "Are you okay?" I gave her a reasurring smile then looked back at the Lockwood Mansion. "He's taken over Alaric's body," she said glancing at Elijah. He smiled and gave a small chuckle, shaking his head. "Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks." "Well, what are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him," she said stopping and facing Elijah. "Yes, I do," he said as he knocked on the door of the mansion. A few minutes later a brunette woman with surprised blue eyes opened the door. "Elijah, Elena! Oh, who might you be?" she said giving me a smile. Yet, I saw the fear in her eyes as she scrutinized me. "Hello Mrs. Lockwood. My name's Genevieve Salvatore," I said giving her a polite smile. "Oh, hello! Well what are you three doing here? What happened?" She asked all of a sudden getting serious. "I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help." "Well, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I..." Then Elijah looked her in the eyes and compelled her. "It won't take but a minute of your time." She smiled at him then stood aside so that we could enter the house. "Of course. Anything you need." "Thank you," he said as he walked in and Elena and I followed him.

I froze, realizing I hadn't waited for her to ask me in. That was one step to giving away my secret. "Well, first things first. I'm going to need a change of clothing," Elijah said as he eyed me curiously. I pretended not to notice and leaned my head onto Elena's shoulder. She looked at me and her eyes told me she noticed my slip-up too. "Well, we can try one of my husband's suits. I haven't boxed them up yet." "Wonderful," he said before giving me one more curious glance, then walking upstairs with Carol.

Elena wrapped her arms around me while rubbing my back soothingly. "It'll be okay Gene," she said trying to ease my mind. I just stood there in her arms like a zombie. I felt frustrated. I was tired of having to hide who I was. But this was for the best. And after I kill... HIM... I can just tell everyone my secret. Just a few more hours.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Stefan POV

I was sitting on the couch, leaning forward, with my arms resting on my legs. I couldn't stop worrying about Elena. Although she was with Gene, who could easily snap Elijah in half, my mind kept thinking about the worst-case scenario. Just then, my phone rang snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hello?" "Hey, Stefan. It's Jenna." "Jenna, hey," I said standing up to stretch. "Where's Elena? And Jeremy? No one's answering their phones," she said causing me to try to think of an excuse. "Ah, Elena's not here at the moment. Is, uh, is everything ok?" "She left me all these weird messages telling me to stay away from Ric. What's going on?" I mentally face-palmed. I had completely forgot about this problem. "It's really hard to explain over the phone, but, um, she was hoping that you could stay on campus for a little while longer," I said trying to explain it to her understandably. "Oh, that's kinda hard to do from my kitchen."

I froze in my spot when she said her kitchen. Klaus could easily go attack Jenna now. "Wait, you're home?" "Yeah. What's going on? Where's Elena? I'm supposed to meet Ric at the grill for lunch, to talk," she said causing me to go grab my jacket to start heading over to the Gilbert house. "Jenna, listen to me carefully. Whatever you do, do not meet Alaric at the grill. I'm going to come over right now and I'll explain everything," I said hanging up and turning to Damon.