Chapter 5 - Elijah Tells All

Start from the beginning

He was pouring himself another glass of bourbon and smirking up a storm. "Wow, I'd love to lend you a hand, but you wouldn't want me doing anything stupid," he said turning around, glass in hand, and directing his smirk towards me. I looked at him incredibly and shook my head. "It’s seriously going to be like this?" "Your girlfriend is calling the shots. I'm just backing off, Stefan," he said putting his hands up. I shook my head again then let out a frustrated sigh, leaving the boarding house, just as Andie walked in.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gene's POV

Elijah, Elena and I are sitting in the Lockwoods' living room. He had went upstairs to change into one of the late Mr. Lockwood's suits. He likes suits. He turned to face Elena and I then smiled at the position I was in. I was laying across the couch with my head in Elena's lap as she ran her fingers through my hair. "So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us." I looked at him confused when Elena answered, "No. I'm sorry." I just shrugged my shoulders and closed my eyes, almost falling asleep, but still being able to hear their conversation. "And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died." Elena looked down at me and mouthed the word sorry before answering. "Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead." I stiffened as a chill ran down my spine and I squeezed my eyes shut.

I immediately remembered my vision and wrapped my arms around myself as I felt the burning sensation of his arms around me. I could hear the sound of his breathing on my neck, feel his eyelashes brush my skin. The vision was so vivid in my mind, it was as if it was happening right now. Just thinking of it, I felt a deep longing in my body to be held in his arms again. Even if I knew he was dangerous, being in his arms was like being home. And being safe.

I opened my eyes and tuned-back into the conversation as Elena said, "I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him." I looked over at Elijah and saw a small flicker of pain in his eyes. He loved her... "I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay," he said as I gave him a sad smile. He returned it then continued on. "There was a time... I'd have done anything for Klaus," he said sadly then beginning to explain to us that he and Klaus were brothers and they had more family. That was a shocker.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Stefan's POV

When I left the boarding house I vamped to the Gilbert house. When I got to the corner I slowed down to a walk and went up the porch steps. I knocked on the door and patiently waited for Jenna to answer while hoping she was safe. Elena wouldn't be able to handle it if she got hurt. After a minute Jenna opened the door and I smiled at her. "Hey, Jenna. Thank you so much for not going to the grill," I said walking into the house and facing her as she stood in front of the door. "Um, Stefan…" she began, but I interrupted her. "No, listen. I can explain," I said as I saw her look behind me. I gave her a curious glance then turned around to Klaus, in Ric's body, standing in front of me. "Hi, Stefan. How's it going?" He asked with an out-of-place smirk.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gene's POV

Elena stopped playing with my hair and stared at Elijah with her mouth open. I giggled and pushed her jaw up, closing her mouth. "There's a whole family of Originals?" Elijah smiled, amused by her reaction. "My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children." "Your parents were busy," I said laughing at the disgusted grin that appeared on his face. Elena let out a small laugh then asked another question. "So your parents were human?" "Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know... We're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us all vampires were created." Elena nodded her head," Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" She seemed confused as to why he would kill his family, but I understood. Sometimes, death is the only way to save those you love. "I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad... dead. Come," he said standing up. I immediately burst out laughing and rolled off of the couch. He smiled down at me then put out his hand to help me up. I took it and interlocked our fingers, swinging our hands back-and-forth. "Come children," I said as I skipped out the patio doors to the backyard, with Elijah in tow, and Elena following.