Super Mario RPG: LOTSS (1996)

Game: Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars (1996)

Genre:  Role-playing game

Platform: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

_____________

North American Boxart of Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars

Overview

     Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars (known simply as Super Mario RPG in Japan, sometimes referred to as Super Mario Role-playing Game) was a RPG released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System back in 1996. This game was designed by Square; but nowadays is known as Square Enix. It was the first Mario RPG game with an action-command battle system. In this game, Mario with the help of four other characters (Geno, Mallow, Bowser and Peach) need to stop a new enemy, Smithy, while collecting the seven Star Pieces to bring back peace and that wishes may be granted once again. 

Plot

      In the beginning of the game, Princess Peach is peacefully sitting outside Mario's Pad (basically his house) Bowser then comes all of a sudden and captures her in his Koopa Clown Car. Mario comes out of his house and sees Peach in peril. He chases the two and arrives at Bowser's Keep. After getting through the fortress; Mario finally gets to Bowser and proceeds to battle him on the chandeliers. After defeating him and retrieving the princess, the castle begins to wobble. 

        A giant sword named Exor falls from the sky and crashes into Bowser's Keep, destroying the on the way.  The crashes sends Mario, Peach and Bowser flying in separate directions. The red-clad plumber lands just outside his house where he attempts to look for Peach again. When Toad discovers that the princess is not there, he asks Mario to go back to Bowser's Keep to bring her back. Mario has no idea where she or Bowser are, but goes to check the castle.

      However, when he arrives he is unable to enter the castle and, the giant sword, tells Mario that the keep is now the property of the, taken over to help with its quest to take over the world. Exor destroys the bridge and Mario narrowly escapes.