[35]

Lucius' POV:

"You knew about this?" He said harshly.

Narcissa looked at him with big eyes.
"No, I didn't, Lucius," she lied.

He shook his head.
"You should have told me. Everything could have been back to normal again. We would finally have a good reputation among the other deatheaters like we used to. Now look at the Greengrass family. They'll get all the glory that we could have had!" He shouted.

Narcissa looked taken aback.
"Lucius, I just wanted Draco to be happy-"

"Happy?" He spat.
"Really? Well look where we are now. Look what you've done to us because you wanted Draco to be happy!"
His expression suddenly changed. He looked even angrier.

"Where is he? Where is Draco? Narcissa, where is he?" He shouted.

"I don't know!" She replied quietly.

Lucius ignored her and went up to Draco's room. He pushed the door open with such force that it slammed against the wall, making the windows shudder. But the bedroom was empty.

"That boy!" Lucius shouted and stormed out of the room.

Draco's POV:

Harry and Draco had spent a lovely day at a lake near the forest that surounded the manor.

"I really enjoyed it, Draco. We should do this more often," Harry said and pecked Draco's lips. They were getting ready to leave.

Draco smiled.
"Me too, Harry. But we should really get going," he replied and grabbed his broom.

They flew back to the manor. It was completely empty. Both Draco's parents weren't home.

"It's late we should go to bed," Harry said and yawned.

Draco nodded. It was odd. His parents never left the house this late. He wasn't complaining but he was worried.

"Yeah, but I'm just going to take a shower. You can get ready"

He gathered his clothes that he would later change into and went to the bathroom. He quickly got undressed and let the warm water clear his mind. This was not normal. Something was definitely wrong but he didn't know what.

While getting changed he heard someone enter the house. It sounded like two people who were talking in hushed voices. His parents had returned.
'Crap,' Draco thought and quickly went back inside his room. Harry was lying on his bed, his eyes still open.

"What's going on?" Harry asked.

Draco heard someone coming up the stairs.
"Hide," he quickly said and Harry climbed under Draco's bed.