[3]

Harry's POV:
When Harry went to bed that night he couldn't sleep for hours. He was constantly thinking about Draco. And now they were friends everything was so much better.

The next day, as Harry walked down to the great hall, he was still half asleep.
'Harry. Where for Merlin's sake were you yesterday?' Ron asked.
Oh no. Harry had totally forgotten to tell Ron and Hermione about potions. He quickly explained.

'Malfoy? Harry, I don't think that's a good idea.' Hermione said.
'Well the thing is, Hermione, me and Draco are friends now!' Harry's heart fluttered when he said the word friends.

Ron looked shocked and disgusted but Hermione looked more worried.
'Are you sure that's a good idea, Harry?' She said.

Harry nodded. He completely trusted Draco.
'Well looks like you couldn't stop thinking about him yesterdey, ey!' George said, who had been listening to their conversation.
'Looks like Malfoy couldn't either' Fred said and winked at Harry.

Draco's POV:
'Come on, mate, have a bit of toast' Blaise said.
Draco shook his head. He couldn't eat. Not now. He looked over at Harry. He was in a deep conversation with Weasley but as soon has he looked at him Harry's head shot up. He smiled. Draco's heart fluttered a little, then he smiled back.

Later that day, Draco was sitting in the common room, reading a book, when Blaise came in.
'Draco. There's someone outside for you'

Draco sighed and closed his book.
'And who is it?' He said.
'You'll see' Blaise said and grinned.
Draco rolled his eyes. 'I hate you, Blaise.'

Draco stepped out of the common room and saw Harry. His hands started to sweat and he felt warm.
'Hi Harry' He said shyly and blushed.
Oh Merlin Draco what the hell are you doing, he thought to himself.

But Harry just smiled. 'Hi Draco.'
'So what are you doing here?' Draco asked.
'I wanted to ask you something' Harry said.
Draco nodded and felt exited.

'Well...um this year they're going to have a ball. Bit unusual really but...yeah. And it's on Christmas like last year but you wear masks so nobody knows who's who.' Harry said.

'So it's like a masquerade ball?' Draco asked trying not to sound too exited.
Harry nodded.
'And I was wondering if...well if y-you wanted to...go with me?' Harry said and looked away.

Draco smiled. He would love to.
'Just as friends you know' Harry added.
Draco nodded.
'Yeah. I'd like that' He said and grinned. So did Harry.
'Well, see you tomorrow' Harry said happily and walked off.

Draco stood there for a moment. Harry had invited him to the ball. That was the best thing ever.

So I know that I changed the story a little but...oh well. Now there's a ball.
Larissa