3.0

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"We're here to see Mary Anne Johnson; our mother." Alexandra tells the receptionist, pointing towards Alex. "We already know where she is, we just wanted to inform you."

She nods her head as she types into the computer, "Alright, go on ahead."

We all smile at her, doing as told as I follow the twins into the elevator and up into her room.

We stop by the doorway as the nurse inside approaches us, "She just woke up, I'll be back in a few minutes to give her, her treatment."

"Sounds good, we just came to talk to her so we won't be too long." Alex informs her, grabbing my hand and pulling me deeper into the room.

Mary turns her head in our direction and instantly grins widely when she spots me, one in which I return nervously. "You must be Courtney, oh you really are beautiful."

I immediately feel my face heat up as I look down, "Thank you, Mary."

"No, thank you for not calling me by my last name." She laughs, "I was ready to correct you."

"They kind of warned me not to call you by your last name on the ride here." I explain, pointing at both Alex and Alexa beside me.

"My sweet children, come here. Give your mother a hug."

They both happily oblige, walking up to her and leaning down to hug her. She kisses their cheeks and I smile, admiring the happy family in front of me.

"Your father was here not too long ago," She sighs, rolling her eyes. "He asked for forgiveness again, but I pretended to fall asleep until he left."

"Mom, you promised we wouldn't talk about him while we brought her here." Alex kindly reminds her, standing up straight again to look back at me. "Courtney—my very first girlfriend."

My eyes widen and my jaw drops, as well as Alexa's and Mary's. On the other hand, Alex is grinning like a small child who just walked into a toy store.

"First?" I question softly, completely stunned.

He nods his head, grabbing my hand and pulling me to him. "You're the first girl I want to have a committed relationship with." He tells me, brushing my hair away from my face and leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"That's cute," Mary speaks up, "But I want to know how you asked her out. Was it romantic? Please tell me you at least gave her a flower, Alexander."

"I- uh, no..."

Her lips go into a straight line when she sees him cower behind me, embarrassed.

"How exactly did you ask her out, Alex?" Alexandra decides to ask with an arched eyebrow.

"Umm...by...I can't say."

When they both turn to look at me expectantly, I duck behind Alex and push him forward. He stumbles a little before he straightens up and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"During sex..." He finally mumbles, and I gasp in shock as I quickly stand up again and smack the back of his head.

"Alex, what the hell."