1.7

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"No, Alex, stop!" I laugh wildly as I run away from him in our backyard—he's currently chasing me with a huntsman in his hand. How he isn't scared of that thing or how it hasn't bit him yet, is beyond me.

"Oh come on, it just wants to be your friend!" He tells me and I dodge him as he catches up to me. I swerve to my right and switch directions, confusing him for a moment.

"Alex, that thing is terrifyingly huge!" I cry out desperately, but he continues to chase after me.

"Just like my di-"

"Gross!" I quickly cut him off and dash back inside the house, quickly spinning around and shutting the back door on him. I grin in success at him through the glass and he narrows his eyes at me. I stick my tongue out at him, and cringe as I see the spider squirming in his hand.

He taps on the door and I reach down to lock it. He gapes at my hand and I laugh, he probably thought it was already locked. I clap my hands like I'm removing dirt from my hands and he turns around, walking towards the dirt area.

I strain my neck to see him bend down, placing the spider back on the ground, where it belongs. I sigh in relief and I unlock the door, feeling safe without the spider.

He walks back towards the door and puts his hands up, showing defeat. I only wink at him and turn on my heel, walking towards the living room.

I laugh as he bangs on the door desperately and I lay down on the couch, turning on the tv and tuning into Teen Wolf. After a full episode, Alex's banging stops and I finally hear the door getting slid open. I then listen to him curse a bunch of profanities and I laugh silently to myself.

"Oh, you are so getting it. You better run, Courtney."

I quickly get up from the couch and I look back to see Alex completely drenched, entering the living room. I place a hand over my mouth and I can't help but let out a snort.

He narrows his eyes at me and I send him an innocent smile. No wonder it looked so dark out...oops. "Hey, in my defense I left the door unlocked. You were just too much of an idiot to try opening it instead of banging on it." I inform him and he sends me a glare.

He starts to run towards me and I let out a squeal of surprise before I run around the couch, laughing hysterically again as he chases after me. Not finding another escape route, I dash towards the kitchen and exit to the backyard again.

I gasp as the cold air mixed with drops of water instantly hits my bare legs and arms, and I freeze when I hear the click of the door shutting behind me. I ran straight into this one, didn't I?

I turn around and, as suspected, Alex is smiling smugly at me from behind the closed door. I quickly run back to the door and I glare at him through the glass.

"Open up, Alex!" I yell at him, but he only continues to smile smugly. "Alexander Mendoza, open this door this instant!"

He rolls his eyes at me and throws his hands up in mock defeat. "I'm so scared, mom."

I huff in response and stomp towards the door that leads to the front yard. I push it open and I watch Alex run towards the front door through the side window.