Chapter 5

"Hey Vanessa. I just wanted to make sure you got home okay. You kinda left in a hurry. I understand it's not your fault that your job is asking you to do this. Please don't let that ruin our friendship. I really like you. When you get this please call me back I'll do my best to answer your call. Bye." I listened to the voicemail. It's now one in the afternoon and I finally woke up. 

I play the voicemail again listening more carefully to it as I am now more awake. I sigh in relief as Michael says that he really likes me. I'm glad that he's not mad. He really is understanding. I snap back into reality whilst Benny whines in front of me on the floor. Obviously having to go outside. I get out of bed running a hand through my hair going to the back door. After letting him out I go back to my kitchen and call Michael. The phone rings a couple times until someone finally picked up. 

"Hello?" Michael asks. 

I laugh a little,"Hey it's Vanessa."

"Oh good! You got home safe. I was kinda worried." He said.

"I was just really tired and was out after I got home." I tell him,"But what's up?" 

"Well nothing much. I don't have to work today so I'm just enjoying it while I can. Somethings bound to come up today and I got to be prepared." He laughs. 

"You don't get many days off do you?" I ask him now walking over to the couch and laying down on it pulling a blanket over me.

"Not very much. But that's okay. What are you up to?" Michael asks. It's like I can see him smiling just by the tone of his voice.

"Honestly. I just woke up like ten minutes ago." I laugh,"I really don't have anything going on today. Which is also basically every other day of my life."

Michael giggles and even did a little hiccup,"You're so funny girl. Are you still tired?" 

"Uh maybe a little." I smile even though he can't see it.

"You want me to let you go sleep again?" Michael asks.

"Oh no. I love talking to you. Oddly it's not weird considering we've only known each other for not even a week." I say.

"It feels like I've known you forever though." He says,"It's kinda weird. I think I like it." 

My heart skips a beat when he says that,"Awe, that's so sweet. And thank you again for yesterday."

"It was no problem. I would love to do it again. I'm also sorry about the whole kiss thing last night. I don't know what got into me." Michael says sounding sincere.

"Oh." I pause,"It was good. I mean it's fine." 

"Do you want to maybe come over again today? I'll send out a car to pick you up and we can just be lazy all day if you want." He says with hope in his voice. It seemed like he's scared for me to reject him.

"Of course. I'll get ready right away." I tell him along with my address.

"Great! I'll send someone right now and he'll be there in about the amount of time it took you to get here." Michael says cheerfully.

"Bye Michael." I say.

"Bye Vanessa." Then he hangs up the phone. Another day with Michael. I must be the luckiest girl in the world! Even though I want to impress Michael I decide to not dress up much. He did say we wouldn't do much. It also is his day off and I don't want to ruin that. Benny and I sit on the couch watching the TV until there's a knock at my door. I get up and see that it's a man in a nice black suit. 

"Are you Vanessa?" He says with a deep voice fitting his broad build. 

"Yes I am." I tell him. 

"Michael is very excited to see you." he tells me,"Come with me to the car."

I lock my door and follow him to the obviously expensive car Michael had sent. After getting in the back seat I was back off to Never Land. I still can't believe Michael wants to see me again. He's just so sweet. About an hour into the ride I got bored and looked for something to stay entertained. I look around in my purse finding mainly boring stuff. Until I found a note I hadn't realized I had. It was folded neatly and looked untouched since it was tucked away in an unused pocket. I unfold it to see what it reads.

'I hope you liked the article you received. 

I certainly know that I do. I'll be interested in what you say.

Wouldn't want to lose your job right?

Or even ruin your career.'