Chapter 3

"Vanessa you have a visitor coming up." the front desk worker says through the phone.

"Alright thank you." I tell them then hang up. It must be some one Michael sent to give me directions like he said. I continue to work on my entry for the contest since Brian hasn't given me any assignments to do today. There's then a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I say and put down my pen and look up,"Michael! What are you doing here?"

"I come with the directions." He laughs.

"I thought you were gonna send someone! Not yourself!" I whisper loudly to him.

He smiles that beautiful smile of his,"I wanted to surprise you! And no one knows I'm here."

"Having company are we?" Brian walks in.

"Um. Yeah sorry. He'll be gone in a moment." I tell him.

"Okay." He says and leans on my desk smirking.

"Would you leave please?" I ask Brian. He takes a long look at Michael's face. Crap. I really really hope he doesn't recognize him. And if he does I hope he won't tell anyone. His smirk seems to get wider,"Of course."

"I'm so sorry about that. You said you have the directions?" I ask Michael.

"Oh yeah. Here they are." He pulls out a paper and I take it and put it in my purse.

"Thank you Michael."

"No problem." He smiles,"Do you think he recognized me?" Michael's face read worried and quite frankly it was really cute.

"I hope not." I say and it seems like he was leaning in towards my face. Then he stopped.

"I'm sorry. I should go." Michael says.

"Oh okay. I'll see you tomorrow then." I say.

"Bye." He says getting up to leave.

"Bye." I say as he closes the door.

I relax back in my chair and get back to work. And the door opens.

"Mr. Carson would love to see you right now." Brian says smirking. I tend to see that he has been smirking a lot. But it's an evil smirk.

"What did you do?" I ask him very agitated.

"Oh nothing." He says slyly.

I push past him and go up to Mr.Carson's office. I've never been this nervous in my life. Whatever Brian did was bad. Really really bad.

"You wanted to see me Mr.Carson?" I say coming into his office.

"Yes. Now Vanessa. I got a little tip from your boss that you would like to write a specific headline. He said you are very compassionate about the topic so I've decided to assign it to you." He says.

"What? I'm confused. I don't even know all the headlines. I didn't know there were headlines. May I ask what headline it is?" I ask slightly worried. Okay. Very worried.

"It's one about Michael Jackson."

"In a good way I hope." I laugh nervously.

Mr.Carson laughs and sighs,"We don't necessarily think of him as a good guy here." My heart stopped.

"But sir what evidence do we have that he isn't a good person? I mean. Come on sir." I can't believe I really just said that to the president of the company. I'm now on thin wire.

"Vanessa. Would you rather not have a big part in this companies upcoming work? Or would you rather be unemployed?" He says coldly.

"No sir." I say my heart still broken in my chest.

"The headline is about how Michael Jackson has always wanted to be white."

"I'll get right on that Mr.Carson." It breaks even more.

"Take the rest of the day off. Go relax. Maybe drop that attitude by Monday." He says.

"Thank you." I leave and grab my purse and walk straight out of the building even when Brian was calling after me.

He did find out that it was Michael. That's the only explanation for this. God I hate him. Now I need to tell Michael. Maybe tomorrow.

It's now about 4 in the afternoon so I only got off an hour earlier than I'm supposed to. It's still something. I'm glad I'm away from that place. I guess it might not be bad to look for another job. I'm not sure I can write this article. I don't know what to do. Okay I need to talk to someone about this. I would really like to wait and tell Michael about this tomorrow but I'll just see if he isn't busy.

Finally I reach home and put Benny outside so he can go to the bathroom. Then I think about if I should call Michael. Screw it I'm doing it. The phone rings a couple times then someone picks up.

"Hello this is the resident of Michael Jackson's Never land."

"Hi! Um could you tell Michael that Vanessa called to say that I can't wait to see him tomorrow and I'm really excited." I say nervously into the phone to obviously a worker at Never Land.

"Okay. I'll tell him as soon as he's available." They say.

"Thank you." I say politely and tell them bye. I guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow.