Chapter 2

"You're really beautiful." Michael says walking towards me from across the room, "Ever since I saw you that day at the beach. The way you starred off into the horizon. So much beauty. I knew I had to make you mine."

Michael leans down about to kiss me. Then there's a beeping noise.

I jerk up in bed and groan at the sound of my alarm. Then it hits me. Did I just have a dream about Michael? For goodness sake I just met the man. Oh well. It was my subconscious anyways. It doesn't mean anything. Benny gets off the bed and runs over to my side of the bed wagging his tail while whining.

"Okay. Okay. I'm getting up!" I tell Benny getting out of bed. Like everyday I open up the back door and he runs out there. I go back to my room and pull out a nice sundress and some sandals to wear. After changing into the clothes I brush my hair out so it lays nice. Today I go for more of a nude look with my make up like yesterday. I finally finish up after about 20 minutes and bring Benny back inside before I leave. I get in my car and I'm on my way to as I like to say hell. 20 minutes later I'm walking into work.

"Vanessa!" I hear Brian say as I'm setting my work down at my desk.

"Yes Brian?" I ask going into his office.

"Do you think you could deliver this report?" He asks.

"Where to?" I ask him taking it out of his hands.

"It says on the paper." Brian says a bit annoyed.

I just leave his office and walk over to my desk. Usually I'm not supposed to read the reports I'm told to deliver but then I see who it's supposed to go to. The president of the company, Mr. Carson. This report must be really important then. Maybe just a peak at what it says.

'Headline Ideas.'

This isn't a report. These are ideas. They seem more like lies. Since when have we ever covered celebrities in a negative way? That's not how this company works. Or worked.

'Michael Jackson Has Always Wanted To Be White!'

As I read that it's as if I can't breathe. These are all horrible. I can't believe this. I'm utterly disgusted by these. I really want to know what's happening but if I ask someone about it I'll be in huge trouble. Okay, I'll just deliver it to the president and everything will be fine.

I grab the so called report and head to the elevator to go up to the presidents office. The elevator finally stops at the top floor and I go off to his office. I knock on his door and he says I can come in.

"Hello Mr. Carson. I was told to deliver this to you." I hold out the papers and he looks up at me and takes them.

"Thank you." Mr. Carson says and I turn around to leave,"You're Brian's assistant right?"

"Yes sir." I turn around and say.

"You are a pretty good writer. You know. We're going to be making some changes around here and if you're willing. Would you like to write one of our newest headlining articles?"

"Oh. Yes of course!" I tell him.

"Great. I also hope to see your entry in the contest." He says.

"Actually Brian told me I couldn't."

"Hmm. I think it would be fine if you would."

"Thank you sir." I tell him and leave. Wow. I just had a conversation with the president and he thinks that my writing is good! He even gave me a headline to write about. I wonder when he'll actually tell me what the headline is. The rest of the day goes by better than usual. I even had time to start on my entry for the contest.

"Are you going to leave soon?" Brian asks me peeking over at what I'm writing.

"Yes." I reply.

"Is that your entry for the contest? I told you you can't enter in that." He says with some anger in his voice.

"Mr. Carson says that I should enter." I slyly say to him,"Well I'm going to get going."

I gather my things and he glares at me as I leave. I get home in about 40 minutes due to a lot of traffic going on. Today I decide not to go to the beach. I'm just so tired today. After I get home I do the same things I always do. Tonight I'm going to make so macaroni and cheese for myself. As I'm getting some on a plate the phone rings. That's odd. I grab the phone off of the wall and place it against my ear.

"Hello?" Someone says through the phone,"Is this Vanessa?"

"Michael?" I ask.

"Vanessa! How are you today?" Michael says and I can just tell he's smiling.

"I'm great! How are you Michael?"

"Well I'm good. Glad I'm talking to you." He says.

"I'm glad you called!" I tell him and I can almost feel my face getting hotter.

"Um... I know I don't know you very well but I would love to get to know you better. I can't take you out for a nice dinner like normal guys do but I would love it if you'd come visit me at my home, Neverland. So uh would you like to? Maybe Saturday?" Michael asks through the phone.

My jaw drops. Michael Jackson just invited you to Neverland,"Yes Michael! Saturday is perfect. Thank you so so much."

"Your welcome girl." he laughs,"I got to go but could you come at maybe lunchtime and we'll eat? Do you know the directions here?"

"That'll work. I have an idea of how to get there." I tell him while my heart is pounding out of my chest. His laugh practically killed me.

"I'll send someone to your office with directions. You work at that Los Angeles Paper place right?" He asks.

"Yes the front desk should tell whoever you send where to find me."

"Great! I'll talk to you later." Michael says.

"Bye Michael." I say and he hangs up the phone after a pause.

This is the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. I really really like Michael. Wait. Did I just think that? Oh jeez. 'Michael is just a friend Vanessa' I tell myself. Michael could get any girl he wants. It sure wouldn't be me. I just can't wait for Saturday now. Tomorrow I'll get the directions then the next day I'll be off to Neverland. Everything feels like a dream. This is so crazy.