Chapter Thirteen - Hospital visits and more closets

A/N: It's been awhile and the only thing new is a crappy chapter. I am terribly sorry. I only hope it will get better from here. Fingers crossed because I have to revise the entire book from the beginning to get it back on track and work on the rest of the series.

I laid with Christian in my hospital bed, glancing over to see him sleeping. I snuggled into him the best I could with my still sore, bruised body, not wanting to move. I had my surgery yesterday. Christian hasn't left the hospital since he came here a couple days ago. It was nice to that he really did care about me. Still, I was afraid to go back to school. He might change his mind or not want people knowing about us.

I bit my lip, turning to lay on my side but with a hiss of pain decided my back was the best position.

I heard someone clear their throat making me pop my head up a bit. I saw the nurse, Jackie, with a slight smirk. My cheeks flared as I nudged Christian.

"Five more minutes." He mumbled, lifting his arm over my stomach carefully.

"Uh, the nurse is here."

He froze, before relaxing and lifting his body. "Oh." He muttered as he got off of the bed and moved over to the chair where his shirt was placed.

"Morning," Jackie started. "How's the pain?" She asked as she checked the morphine bag.

"No real pain, just...sore." I said as I sat up.

"Okay, well if you're up to it...the police have come by again and would like to speak to you about your assault case."

I shook my head. "I wasn't assaulted, and there is no case."

"Taylor, you have to-"

"I don't have to do anything, Christian. I'm reporting nothing so there is no case." I looked to the nurse. "You can tell the cops I'm not pressing charges because there is no case."

"Are you sure? You don't have to be afraid of-"

"Don't tell me how I should feel or react to something that happened to me. So tell them there is no case." I shouted, lying back down and waiting for her to leave.

As soon as the nurse left my mother ran in frantic. "What's wrong? I heard you yelling and there are police outside wanting to talk to you. Is everything alright?" She asked worriedly.

I sighed. "I'm fine mom. I just don't want to talk to them right now. I don't need to at all."

"Taylor..."

"Don't Taylor me."

My mom stood up straighter at my words. "Fine. You will talk to the police young man and you will do it today. And that's final. Someone hurt you and they should deal with the consequences."

I glared at my moms parental stance. I started taking off the wires attached to me. "What about you and "dad"?" I asked. Looking at Christian I motioned for him to hand me my clothes. He looked apprehensive at first but sighed before handing them over.

"What?" My mom whispered.

I stood in front of my mom, Christian standing behind me. "At first I wanted you to be there for me because you're my mom. I thought you accepted me for who I am."

"Sweetie, I do." She said tearfully.

I shook my head. "Dad hates me because I'm gay and when he kicked me out of the house what did you do?" It was quiet for a moment. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?" I asked again.

My mom started crying, looking away from me in shame. "I stayed with him."

"You chose him over me. You and dad hurt me...but I don't see the two of you paying for it."

"Sweetie I pay for it everyday. Knowing you're not home, feeling the shame and the guilt of letting you go. And I knew it wasn't right."

"But you're still going home to him." I spat. "You should sign me out so they don't think I ran away." I muttered as I walked passed.

Christian followed behind, coming up to me and took hold of my hand. I gave him a quick smile. We left the hospital and headed to my aunt's.

"You should rest." Christian said as we sat down in my bed.

I sighed, turning to him with my legs crossed. "Am I wrong for hating her? I mean I still love her, she's my mom...but...I can't help but feel like she abandoned me. You know what my dad did when I told my parents I was gay. And my mom just stood by his side. I should be upset, right?" I questioned.

Christian raised his shoulders. "I can't tell you how you're supposed to feel, but if you feel hurt or betrayed...I think that's your right. I can't say I wouldn't feel the same way. But, uh, I haven't exactly handle this kind of thing very well in the past."

"Yeah, well I wanted to talk to you about that." I took a breath. "This thing between us...what is it? Like, what's gonna happen at school or at home for you?"

Christian to a second to think, running a hand through his hair. "I uh, don't really want to say anything about it at school. It's just that I have to talk to my dad about all this. If anything got to him first he'd kill me."

I nodded, understanding. "Got it. No one can know."

"Not even your aunt. Or the guys."

"I feel like it'd be hard to keep it from them. Not that I would tell them, just that they're way more intuitive than you'd think."

Christian sighed. "I know. Can't keep a damn thing from Shawn."

I laughed a bit. "He knew about you."

"Yeah. He actually told me to talk to you about it."

I thought about it for a moment before smiling. "He wanted us to be together."

Christian rolled his eyes. "He cornered me one day and came to the conclusion I was gay. But after that he wouldn't leave me alone until he finally got it out of me that I liked you."

"So you really did like me?" I said, thinking about all the times he left me alone and never bothered me about my sexuality. "You know, the way you treated those kids at school..."

"I know. I'm no better than Nelson."

"You're definitely better than him. But you made other guys feel the same way you feel about yourself. You made them afraid to be gay."

Christian didn't say anything, he just looked like he was deep in thought. I hope he would stop being the bully that he was. I'm not sure he should be easily forgiven but I want him to except who he was and not hate the world for it. I want him to be happy and I want to be happy with him.

But I can only hide who I'm with for so long. I didn't come out of the closet just to hide in it with someone else.