Chapter Twelve - Bi crushes and lip crashes

A/N: Not edited and kinda short :/

 After the talk I had with Gavin, who thankfully looked over my drug use for the time being, I went back to my hospital room to find a security guard, the nurse from before, and my very anxious mom.

"Taylor, thank god. Why would you just leave? Where did you go?"

"I'm sorry mom, I just needed some air." I said as Gavin walked in behind me.

"Has the doctor come in?" I asked, biting my lip in anxiety.

"No, actually, I should go get him. Check to make sure you're alright."

"I'm fine, mom." I groaned.

"No, you're not. Don't you understand how severe your injuries are? You need surgery, Taylor."

I sighed as she left the room, the security guard following her. The nurse stayed behind, leading me to my bed and handing me a new hospital gown. "I'll come back to hook you up with an iv and the heart monitor." I nodded as she left and proceeded to change.

"Oh, man. Are you okay?" I heard Shawn say as he burst into the room. He immediately headed towards me, grabbing my face with his hands. I nodded as best I could with his hands firmly holding my head.

"Fine."

"I swear, Nelson deserves-"

"A lot, but not by you. You've already been suspended, just forget about it." I said.

Shawn shook his head.

"But, uh, you being bi. That's news."

"What?" Gavin asked, looking over at Shawn who rolled his eyes. "Seriously?" Gavin asked further.

Shawn shrugged.

It was quiet for a moment before Gavin shouted, "I fucking knew it!"

Shawn and I shared a look, both of us raising our eyebrows.

"Yeah, you're so crushing on my brother." Gavin added.

The comment made Shawn's eyes widen. "No way."

"Yes way." Gavin smirked. I just watched in amusement as the two went back and forth.

"Okay, let's get you all hooked up." The nurse said as she came into the room. It only took her a few minutes to have me connected to the monitor and stick the IV back into my inner elbow. The doctor is with a mother patient so he'll be back to check on you in a moment or two." The said with a tight lipped smile before walking out.

While we waited for the doctor and my mom to return, the guys sat down to watch the TV in my room, going back and forth about Gavin's brother every once in a while.

"Hey." I heard someone breath out. I looked up, to see Christian standing in the doorway.

I scrunched my eyebrows. "What are you doing here?"

He glanced over at Gavin and Shawn who were watching us intently. They both started blinking their eyes repeatedly before looking at each other and standing up. "I'm pretty hungry." Shawn said. Gavin nodded. "Yeah, I hear the cafeteria has meatloaf. And...stuff." The guys nodded before scurrying out of the room.

I chuckled as they left. Then bit my lip as I looked back up at Christian. "So..."

He sighed. "I figured we were on decent terms, so I wanted to see how you were doing." He shrugged. "I can...leave...if you want."

I shook my head. "No it's fine. Uh, thanks. For coming." I said. Christian nodded, pulling up one of the plastic chairs next to my bed.

"So what's going to happen? Like the surgery stuff."

"I think it's called an exploratory...lobotomy? No that not..."

"Laparotomy."

"Yeah, that." I nodded. "So I get that. I don't think it'll be that bad. I mean. It's just internal bleeding. I mean, that happens to a lot of people." I spoke with worry. Honestly I was scared. I had never had surgery. Not once.

I could see Christian biting the inside of his cheek. He looked like he wanted to say something but was holding it back. "What?" I asked.

"Can I see?" He asked.

I nodded, laying down on the bed and pulling up my hospital gown. I blushed as my boxers were visible but watched as Christians eyes widened. I could see his jaw clench. He lifted his hands and dragged his fingers over the rough surface of my stomach. The bruises manipulating my skin. I shivered as his fingers went down to my hip bone. He removed his hand, soon both were clenched by his side.

I rolled my eyes. "You can't do anything to Nelson." I said as I pulled my gown down and sat up.

Christian snapped his head at me, a humorless chuckle escaping his lips before he spoke. "Why not? This kid put you in the hospital. You need surgery, Taylor."

"You can't do to him what he did to me. Obviously that didn't work the first time. Besides, there's a line."

"I don't care if it's not gonna do anything. He deserves it. Piece of shit."

"I don't want anything to happen to you." I muttered.

"Nothing's going to happen to me. It's Nelson that going to-"

"Christian, please!" I shouted. "I just don't want you to do anything. I can work it out myself."

He sighed. "Sorry, I just...I care about you a lot more than I'd like to admit."

I couldn't help the little smile on my lips. "Yeah?"

Christian nodded.

"What does that mean to you?" I asked.

Christian stood up, moving closer to the bed as he lowered his head to mine. "It means my dad is going to kill me." He muttered as he crashed his lips into mine.