Chapter Four - Captain Obvious and invisible closets

Chapter Four

I let out a yelp as I felt something slam into my side. I let out another as the same object collided with my head. I glared up and found Christian holding a pillow.

"I'm leaving." He said, dropping his weapon.

"And you had to wake me up for that?" I questioned, standing up and wiping my eyes.

Christian chuckled. I wanted to gasp in shock and let my eyes go wide, but I knew the overreaction would ruin the moment in which Christian wasn't glaring at me. I was also partly confused as I thought he should be hating me.

He looked at me for a second before going into my room and coming back out with his backpack. "I'll see you at school." He said before leaving. I stared at the spot he once was, in complete shock.

I was confused as hell but at the same time I didn't want to question it. Christian was being nice and not glaring into my soul. For now, I was content.

I walked into my room, finding my phone on the floor and was surprised by the time. I had been asleep for eight hours.

Plopping down on my bed I wondered what I'd do for the next ten hours.

***

With my eyes barely open I climbed into Gavin's car, not saying anything as I leaned my head against the window.

I groaned when the car stopped abruptly, causing my head to fly forward, narrowly missing the dashboard. I growled as I turned to Gavin. "I will tear your balls off if you do that again."

Gavin's eyes went wide but he still had a large grin plastered on his face.

I rolled my eyes, mumbling a 'sorry' before getting out of the car. The both of us walked up to the school and I was too tired to walk to my locker for my usual routine, so I followed Gavin as he made his way towards the guys.

I heard clapping and I looked up to find Shawn, along with Justin, clapping.

"What are you guys doing?" I grumbled.

"We just wanted to celebrate the fact that you have graced us with your presence." Justin spoke. I glared at the boy.

"I hate you all." I said, resting my head on Gavin's shoulder and closing my eyes.

"Aw, Tay's just sleepy." Gavin said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and ruffling my hair with his hand. I pouted, smacking his hand away.

I dug through my backpack and took out my beanie, sliding it on my head.

I looked up at Christian to find him glaring at me. "What's with you?" I asked, still tired.

He didn't say anything, just turned and left.

"What'd I do?" I asked. The guys shrugged. I groaned. I thought he was starting to tolerate me.

"Gav!" I heard a voice yell making me wince. I stepped away from Gavin and let Olivia jump on him. Grumbling to myself, too tired for people, I made my way inside. Thankful for the sound of the bell I walked to my class.

As I was about to walk in I took a quick step back, the sudden feeling to skip entering me. Sighing I walked lazily around the school until the late bell went off. As kids rushed to class I slipped into the bathroom, waiting a bit until I knew the halls would be clear.

Stepping out of the bathroom I roamed the halls until I rounded a corner to find two boys fighting. Well, not really fighting since one clearly had the upper hand. I watched as Christian lifted up the other boy against the lockers.

"What did you say to me, faggot?" He snarled.

The unknown boy cringed in fear. His eyes went wide before he closed the tightly as Christian pulled his fist back. "I didn't meant it, I didn't meant it." The boy cried.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" I shouted as I jogged up to them. Christian continued to glare at the boy but put him down slowly. He still had a strong grip on the boys clothes so I grabbed Christians hands, pulling them away.

His attention turned to me as he glared down at me."This doesn't concern you, Reeves." He said through clenched teeth. I fought back the chills that went down my spine every time he said my name.

"Just leave him alone, Beckett." I mocked him, earning me a harsher glare. I rolled my eyes, turning to the kid.

"Get out of here."

The boy nodded and ran out.

"I don't like you." Christian said with his ever present glare.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious. Look, as much as I love these daily info sessions, why do you have to be such an asshat?" I questioned.

"What?" Christina growled.

"I just called you an asshat and wanted to why you were one." I said.

Christian shook his head. "You're really annoying." He told me, as his body relaxed.

"And you're confusing. Why don't you stop beating on helpless kids. Don't be mad because they called you gay." I muttered.

"How do you even know what they said?" He said with a scowl.

"You're not very smart." I sighed. "Have fun hanging out in the totally invisible closet of yours." I said before rushing off, leaving the school.

The conversation I had with Christian was just now registering through my head and I realized that I was a complete idiot. No doubt would Christian punch me in the face the next time he saw me.