"You think I'm going to abandon him? You've known me for five minutes and that's really what you think of me?" Dallas hissed. You shrugged and raised an eyebrow at him. "Look, I know I wasn't around when he was little. But I'm hear now and I'll be damned if I'm gonna walk away. I know that James deserves a better father than what I am. But I'm trying to be better, I really am. I'm going to try to make it up to him but I can't do that if people, like you, won't just give me a chance to."

You smiled at him before saying, "Alright, then. Prove me wrong. But if you prove me right there will be hell to pay."

"You're evil, you know that?" Dallas said with a smirk. "You want to go get a drink sometime?"

Darry:

"The diapers aren't going to disappear, you know?" you said with a bit of a smirk. For the past ten minutes you'd been watching this ridiculously attractive man stare at the shelves of diapers like they were going to disappear if he didn't keep an eye on them. Your voice made him jump and turn to look at you with a little bit of horror in his eyes. "First time buying diapers by yourself?"

"Is it that obvious?" he said with a definite blush on his cheeks.

"They're just diapers. What brand you get isn't going to effect your baby. Just get whatever brand your wife usually gets," you said, secretly hating the fact that this man probably had an equally beautiful wife.

"That's the thing. My wife never bought diapers," he said. "She never got the chance to."

"Than just pick something. It's really not a big deal. Worst case she'll just send you back here for something else."

Darry started to chuckle but very quickly that laugh turned into tears. You stared on in shock and guilt for making him cry. You weren't exactly sure what was happening.

"That's exactly what she would've done. But she's gone now and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do. She was supposed to be here to lead me and show me what to do," Darry said through his tears. He cried for a minute more before pulling himself together. "I'm sorry. the death is still kind of a fresh wound."

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I didn't realize she was gone," you said. There was a long silence as you two stared at the diapers. Finally you pointed to one of the packages. "Those are the ones my brother gets for his kids. They seem to work pretty well for him."

Darry picked them up and examined them before putting them into his cart.

"Thank you... I'm sorry I didn't catch your name," Darry said.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)," you said, holding out your hand.

"Darrel Curtis," he said taking your hand.

Soda:

Soda was at Darla's high school open house and hating every second of it. It was so incredibly boring, sitting through all her classes and her teachers went on and on about the class. He hadn't wanted to come but apparently it was extra credit in all her classes so he hadn't really had an excuse. He was sitting in her history class waiting for the teacher to start her presentation when an extremely cute woman walked in. You moved through the aisles and eventually threw yourself into the chair next to him. Soda could only stare at you in amazement. The rest of the parents here were all up tight but you didn't seem to care.

"This is the worst thing I've ever had to go to for my kid," you said. "And he plays the Clarinet. You ever been to a middle school band concert? They're awful. But this... This takes the cake."

"Are you talking to me?" Soda asked after a beat when you looked at him expectantly. You nodded. "Oh, yeah. This is awful. It's so damn boring."

"Right? With all these soccer moms here judging me," you went on. "How'd you get stuck going? Did you lose rock, paper, scissors with your wife or something?"