Your Dating Another Member of the Gang

Ponyboy:

Ponyboy felt like such an idiot. He couldn't believe that he was in love with his big brother's girlfriend. He'd seen you around school and even shared a few classes with you. But he'd never managed to actually talk to more than that time you asked to barrow a pencil. Every time he thought about talking to you his tongue felt too heavy to get the words out. So rather than make a fool out of himself he just didn't say anything.  The winter formal was coming up and he'd been working up the courage to ask you to it. However his dreams were smashed to pieces when he came home to you making out with Soda on the couch. Of course you would go for Soda. He was handsome and charming and everything he wasn't. He'd let the door slam shut startling the two of you apart. His stomach twisted at the sight of your lip gloss-cotton candy flavored, your favorite he added mentally- on Soda's lips. He longed for it to be his lips smeared with your lip gloss, for it to be him you were laying on, him you were kissing.

"Hey Pony," you said sweetly, feeling a bit embarrassed to have been caught. You like Pony well enough. You thought he was cute but he never talked to you. You remembered the time you asked for a pencil and he barely said two words to you. You just had to guess that he didn't like you that much for whatever reason. Pony waved awkwardly at you before rushing off to his room. "I don't know why he doesn't like me. I've never done anything to him."

"Pony's just shy around everyone, babe. It's nothing about you personally," Soda said before offering you a smirk and pulling you back into the kiss.

Dallas:

You were the good girl. Practically a princess. Yeah you lived on the wrong side of town but you never stole or smoked or drank. You barely even swore. Dallas should've hated you. You were the exact opposite of him. You were pure and perfect and he, well Dallas wasn't. But somehow he'd fallen in love with you. Deeply and irreversibly in love. The only problem was you were Darry's girl. You wore his class ring and his jacket. Darry was the one who got to hold you on cold nights in the lot. Darry was the one that got to kiss you when he thought no one was looking. And it destroyed Dally. At the end of the night when you disappeared into Darry's bed and Dallas slept on the couch he would let out a tear or two. He knew though that Darry was better for you. If you were with Dallas he would only ruin you. He was a bad influence and he'd only dirty your perfection. In the beginning Dallas thought he could clean up his act and be the guy you deserved. But he knew he couldn't stay that way forever. It was in his genes to be a screw up. He'd never be able to give you all the things Darry could. Dallas tried to hate Darry for being with you but at the end of the day he was actually thankful. Darry treated you right, never let you down or made you cry. He was thankful you had found someone good like Darry and hadn't fallen into his clutches so that he could ruin you. But that didn't stop his heart from hurting anytime he saw you guys together. He knew you were a princess deserving of a prince and Dallas was only a criminal.

Darry:

Darry could have any girl in the world. He was handsome and strong and good with his hands. Girls threw themselves at him constantly. Begging for him to love them and want them. Yet the only girl he wanted in the whole world belonged to Dallas. Darry knew his stereotype. The goody jock who was more like a parent than anything else. You were the bad girl. You swore and drank. You were a master pickpocket too. That blood red lipstick you wore and the way your lips curled around each cigarette turned him on to no end. He liked the badness in you. Wanted you so badly it made his head and his heart hurt. But you were with Dallas. The longest girlfriend he'd ever had. You two were the same person essentially. He knew you saw him as a father figure and nothing more. When you and Dallas would fight he would go and find you. He'd tried to act tuff and impress you but it was never enough. You were tied to Dallas and at the end of the night you always ended up back in his arms. Darry hated it so much but he knew there wasn't much he could do about it. So he just waited around. Let you cry on his shoulder whenever you needed to and tried to keep his feelings locked up tight. When it got to be too much he'd go throw the football around just to distract him but it never really worked the way he wanted it to. He loved you so much and he could never actually tell you the way he felt.