Priorities

Magnus Pov- I looked over the paper work I just got done organizing on Alec's desk making sure it was all perfect. Organizing seemed to be the only thing I could do to get my mind off of everything that happened last night.

What the hell happened to me? I slept with Alec, took his virginity, and then convinced him to become my secret lover. I should be freaking out about all of this but I'm not... I'm actually happy about how everything turned out. I don't know how it happened but it did and I don't regret a thing.

I do have one thing I'm worried about though. How all of this effects the plan. I told Alec to marry Amelia and see me on the side but I was lost in lust when I said that. Alec can't marry Amelia at any cost and sadly the cost may be me ratting him out to his kingdom.

There's a chance I'll lose Alec because of all this. I'll become king and lead my country the way it should be. The way Alec really wants to run it.

I frowned thinking about that for a moment. Alec would make an amazing king. A lot better than I would. He knows everything he needs to do to make the kingdom great again and I wouldn't even know where to start.

If only I could have Alec as my 'queen'. Marry him and have him rule by my side to help me make the kingdom better. I'm sure that would be the perfect outcome for the both of us but I also know that it's impossible.

The people of my kingdom will want justice from all the Lightwoods. I know making Alec my 'queen' would only cause outrage. Still I can't bring myself to do the things my dream showed. Beheading all the Lightwood children was extreme and completely outrageous.

Max Lightwood wasn't even born yet when his parents became the rulers so should he even really be punished? His only crime is being a Lightwood child so I guess it would be punishment by association.

"Tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner so you need to put on your best suit. Also try to do something with your hair. Every time I see you your hair is a messy mop. If you're going to be king you need to make yourself look like one" Amelia's annoying voice came from outside Alec's bedroom door.

Alec opened the door coming inside before looking back at her faking a smile "yes Amelia I will do everything you asked. I'll be ready for the rehearsal dinner tomorrow."

She nodded smiling before kissing him on the mouth. Alec looked like he wanted to pull away but he couldn't. All he could do was kiss her back.

Once the kiss was done she made her way down the hall and Alec watched her before closing the door wiping off his mouth in disgust.

I laughed watching him "was she not a good kisser?" "I've had better, way better" he said before looking at me and smiling a true smile. He made his way across the room in quick strides before grabbing me by the tie and yanking me forward making my lips smash against him.

I couldn't help but laugh against his lips before properly kissing him back. I wrapped my arms tight around his waist pulling him as close as possible against me. Alec smiled into the kiss moving his free hand to cup my cheek tenderly.

We broke the kiss and Alec's eyes were shining with happiness "so much better" he said smiling. I smiled putting my forehead to his and looking deep into his dark blue eyes.

"How was meeting your future in-laws?" Alec rolled his eyes losing his smile. "I see where she gets her horrible personality. Her parents are plain awful. I think her mom actually made Simon cry."

My eyes widened at that "you're kidding me." He shook his head no "he didn't cry in front of us but I'm sure he went to cry somewhere. Her mother was very scary so I don't blame him."