"Pull it out, let me see baby." I told her.

When she pulled the bathing suit out, everyone fell into a fit of laughter except for August. He was dead serious about this bathing suit and it was the funniest thing ever.

 He was dead serious about this bathing suit and it was the funniest thing ever

"Oh baby, fuck no." I laughed.

"I'on know why you laughing, Lyric. You the one who wearing it." He said with a straight face. "Na' back to what I was saying, I ain't really wanna get you no cheetah print but since you getting older, Ima let it slide."

"August, she's not wearing that. She's way too old to be wearing ruffles on her bathing suit."

"What kinda shit is this? My own wife turning on me. I been around longer than Lyric and you just gon' pick ha' side like that."

"Babe, you're her father. Of course you've been around longer. It's biologically impossible that you came after her." I giggled. August has officially drove himself insane over a bathing suit.

"Anyways, she's wearing it so let's go." I said as I picked up the duffle bag that contained everything we'd need throughout the day. "Before we go, Mom, do you have one of those big floppy sunhats?" Lyric asked.

"Yeah, I have a few. August where'd you put them?" I asked.

"I kept all ya' stuff organized like you would'a wanted it, so ya' hats in there wit' all ya' shoes."

Over the course of ten long years, somehow August still made sure to keep my things together as if I were home. When I got home, I was surprised to see that he'd put all my clothes in the order I like them to be in and bought a big shelf where my excessive shoes could fit. After she found the hat she wanted, we were finally on our way to White Waters.

After a while of swimming and whatnot, everyone had to use the bathroom and we were all hungry. Lyric and I were sent to get funnel cakes while August took the twins to the bathroom since Kendrick made it very clear that he was angry and becoming impatient as he held his bladder. While we were in the line waiting for our turn to grab our funnel cakes, some boy who looked to be around Lyric's age walked over to us.

"Hi, how y'all ladies doing?" He said as he licked his lips, eyeing Lyric. I scrunched my face up in disgust at the ugly little boy. "We're fine." I dryly spoke. "Yeah, we're fine. How are you?" Lyric said as she twirled her long dark strands around her finger.

 How are you?" Lyric said as she twirled her long dark strands around her finger