25 - This Is What You Came For

A/N: Woohoo an update two days earlier!

Enjoy! Xx

Please listen to This Is What You Came For - Calvin Harris for the chapter.

* * *

Before I could do anything stupid, I backed away from Jaxon as soon as the song had finished and made my way towards the kitchen, grabbing my beer before taking a seat next to Drew. Jaxon soon followed and just looked at me with a mix of emotions, you could see the hurt and the confusion cross through his eyes. Nothing was said about what just happened.

I popped my second corona open before dropping my lemon slice in it and stared at it for a minute. Trying to understand what possessed me to behave the way I did just before. My body enjoyed being that close to Jaxon, it felt so right. Maybe I needed to lay off some of the beer because I was starting to feel at ease, carefree and unaffected from my actions.

"Yeah man, Michael is getting better" Drew's voice snapping me out of my thoughts. Michael? As in the one who is friends with Alena?

"Is Michael your brother?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Michael? Yeah, he goes to school with Jonathan, Jaxon's brother" Drew proudly responded before adding "Well, technically he's my half brother but still"

"My sister is friends with them" I confirmed but then I got curious about what he just mentioned at the end, "Half brother?" I asked.

Drew nodded as he took a sip from his beer before responding, "Yeah, my dad divorced years ago, but got remarried and had Michael"

Just like that my heart beat started to pound in my ears, my leg started to bounce nervously and my throat was going dry. It was probably just a coincidence but it made me itch for more information.

"Do you still talk to your mum? If you don't mind me asking?" I said quietly as I tried to calm my nerves down. I could literally hear my heartbeat in my ears.

"Nah she took off with my sisters when I was younger." Drew stated as a matter of fact.

I stared at him like he was crazy. It had to be! I know for sure that Drew was my brother! I could feel it in my bones, but what proof did I have?! How do you randomly say that to someone without looking like you've lost your mind?!

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I forced the words out "What happened to them?"

Drew who seemed unaffected by my question as he shrugged his shoulders before stating "They died in a car accident."

"I'm so sorry for your loss." my voice barely a whisper. Drew brushed it off like it was something he got used to hearing.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. With every two steps I took, I'm pushed four steps back. It hurt to know I wasn't anywhere near to finding them, I'd never find my brother or my dad.

I now knew for a fact that Drew wasn't my brother.

I was beginning to struggle to breath, I needed air, I needed to get away from here. I stood up quickly but too quickly because I knocked my beer letting it fall, I mumbled that I needed the bathroom as I just ran out of the kitchen, ignoring the shouts as Jaxon shouted my name.