32 - Talking To The Moon

Please listen to Talking To The Moon- Bruno Mars for this chapter.

* * *

Lucas creased his eyebrows in confusion as he looked between Jaxon and I, "How do you know him?" He questioned me.

'Uh oh'

My eyes widened in panic as I looked at Isaac and then at Jaxon. Jaxon just stood there staring at me while clenching his jaw in anger. He was not in the mood to help me out.

Isaac wrapped an arm around my shoulders as he brought me closer to him, "You know how it is man, everyone in the racing world knows everyone."

I let out a sigh of relief, thankful that Isaac was with me. Lucas obviously accepting this answer, nods his head in acknowledgement. While I was staring into Jaxon's eyes for some indication on just how much I've fucked this up, he shakes his head slowly at me as he continues to look at me with disappointment. At that point I could see just how angry he was with me, when he found out about me racing; I have no idea, but at that point I knew then that I should have mentioned it earlier.

My eyes were beginning to blur from the tears as they started to build up. I didn't want to cry and I definitely did not want to cry in front of all these people, so I threw my bike keys at Isaac and made a run for it. I ran out of sight from all the onlookers, I kept running until I found myself on the main road. I slowed down until I came to a complete stop as I let out a cry, I angrily took the helmet and face mask off because I felt like I couldn't breathe. At the point, I didn't care who saw me.

"Avery!" Jaxon's voice echoed in anger

"You don't get to run this time!" He yelled at he caught up to me. I didn't turn to face him, I was too scared to face him because I knew that this time I had pushed it too far. Evidently, he kept walking until he was now in front of me, hands on his hips as he waited for me to say something.

"Jaxon. I know I should-" I stuttered as I tried to find an excuse for not telling him.

"You should have told me?! Yeah that would have been fucking great! You think I don't deserve to know if the girl I'm dating was risking her life like this?! Do you think that little of me that you thought I wouldn't want to be with you if you were racing?!" His voice roared through the quiet street.

I shook my head in denial, "It wasn't like that- ok- yes I was scared. Ok! I saw the way you looked at me when we first met when you thought I raced! You looked disgusted! Don't even deny it!" I yelled back. I was getting angrier the longer I stood there.

He let out a frustrated growl as he lifted his head to look up at the sky before looking back down at me, "You have it completely wrong! It was a sigh of relief because I didn't want to imagine someone so small like you doing something so dangerous! You do think so little of me!"

"No I don't!"

"Yes you do! We are back to the trust issue. You clearly didn't trust me enough to think that I needed to know about you racing!" He shook his head in anger as he looked at me.

"Did you know I was going to be racing against you?" I asked but I knew the answer the moment he lowered his eye contact to look at the floor. He knew all along, he had formed the perfect plan to give me the opportunity to be honest and I failed.