The Royal Thrive - Chapter 28 - Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Politely Noah shrugs and looks over at me, “I’m not sure, this is our first time doing duties so maybe another few days to to ensure we do everything right” Answering him Leo nods with a smile “Sure no problem, my pack will be more than delighted to show you around the pack house” Nodding at each other there came a sudden knock on the door - “Honey come in” Leo calls sweetly with the door creeping open revealing a woman with blonde curled locks and green eyes, if I haven’t mistaken this is Luna Aida. 

Smiling sweetly towards us Aida walks in elegantly in her petite white day dress, “I’ve prepared lunch” Walking over to Leo he takes hold of her hand gently and lovingly “My wife here has been waiting for your arrival” Hitting him gently Aida looks away shyly. “Stop making fun of me in front of our future King and Queen!” Laughing at his wife, Leo stands up and motions for us to follow him whilst he took his wife’s hands and led us down the stairs and into the dinning room. The dinning room had two parts, first part was for those who are the higher ranked in the pack and then the other part which is also the larger part of the dining room is for the other pack members. 

“Hey Noah cook me something later, this food is not good” Picking up a cake Nathan puts it back on the plate whilst shoving Noah in the elbow “Oi, he isn’t your slave” I looked past Noah and at Nathan who has his arms crossed. “I’m his brother” Pointing out the obvious we share another inner challenge again - “Ummm, is everything alright?” Aida asks from the other end of the table and before the two of us can say anything Noah kicks me and Nathan so he could answer before us. “Everything is fine, they’re just tired. Right?” Smiling innocently both me and Nathan just roll our eyes scoffing under our breath. 

Anna on the other hand hasn’t spoken a word and just kept to herself, I wonder why she even agreed to join us for this short trip. As lunch finished Noah obeyed to Nathan’s wishes and headed towards the kitchen starting to make something for him to eat. Annoyed I stomped over to Nathan, “How can you make him make you lunch! Are you paralysed?” Sitting by the pool with the sun high in the sky Nathan takes a look at me through on eye then shut it again. “I’ve only liked Noah’s food. Moreover I don’t trust anyone’s food” “Huh?” I asked but then something distracting stole my attention. 

My wolf is growling in anger. Growling myself Nathan could probably feel my anger whilst I ran back in the building and into the kitchen only to witnessing something not so good. I see a girl clinging next to Noah let’s say a bit too close for my liking. “I never expected the crown prince to be actively cooking in the kitchen. You’re not what I had expected” Giggling I watch her nudging closer to Noah but of course Noah recognised my scent and turned around “Raine” He smiles causing the girl to turn around too - forcing a smile on my face I probably look incredibly fake. “Ah, greetings” The girl greeted me formally whilst I stiffly nod at her “I’m Pamela. Alpha Leo’s daughter” Reaching her hand out for me to shake my wolf is driving my mind crazy tell me to shred her in pieces for getting near Noah. “Um, yeah nice to meet you” I smiled back whilst my wolf is yelling at me for being friendly. 

“Shred her into pieces! She touched him!” 

Shut up will you?! I don’t want to cause trouble!

“Coward! Shred her now!”

Tuning her out as she fought back I am already mentally worn out, pulling away from her grasp Noah offers Pamela some food he made “This is so good!” Exclaiming her eyes widen liking the flavour of the food in her mouth right now. “You do have quite a lot of ingredients here, top quality as well” Pamela chuckles and swallows the food in her mouth gulping it down, between them they start to make a friendly conversation about general interests. Finding out they both like cooking as well I suddenly felt out of place, not once was I able to fit in their conversation. 

“Noah -“ 

“Raine can you take these to Nathan?” Noah passes the plate of food to me and taking it I couldn’t smile at all, why do I suddenly feel like a nuisance between them? “Sure” I answered and taking the plate I slowly walked out the kitchen taking a few glances back to see if Noah would look my way. He didn’t. Gritting my teeth I picked up my speed and stomping across to Nathan I dumped the plate on his lap - “Woah, look who is grumpy?” Nathan teases catching the plate making sure the food doesn’t fall. “No one is grumpy” I rolled my eyes causing Nathan to laugh whilst eating some salad sides on the plate “Sure you aren’t” Sitting next to him I crossed my legs face palming my face slightly embarrassed for being jealous - screw these beta genes. Thank god I’m not an Alpha’s daughter I would’ve definitely lost control just before - “Hey” I started mumbling to Nathan who is engrossed into eating, “Do I look pathetic? I’m burning with jealously right now” “What did you say?” Nathan asked again hitting a nerve of mine. 

“Forget it!” 

Sitting in silence for a while Nathan sighs in satisfaction “It’s not pathetic, I guess it natural to feel jealous” Shrugging I laugh at his response - “What’s with this? Why do you always manage to comfort me?” That’s a fact that cannot be denied, whenever I’m struggling Nathan just happens to be somewhere near me, just like that time with the hunters attacking the venue, the other time when I felt lonely at the palace and this time again. “Don’t mention it I don’t like being the good guy” Nathan denies it standing up with the plate in his hand.

“Are you just going to sit here?” He asks looking down at me, similar to the way he did back at the palace before taking me to Noah’s old place. “Can’t I?” I dared with a smirk for which he returns “Do what you want, I’m going to go for a spin around their territory. Want to join?” He offers with his hand out for me to take. 

This is the second time, the second time he’s saving me from falling into doubt, and I guess if I had already agreed to take it the first time inevitably the second time he offers I have no reason to refuse. 

Before you leave please either vote or comment below! Gracias!