I'll Protect You (Father!Castiel)

Father!Castiel/Child!Reader Fanfiction

Backstory: When Castiel returned to Heaven, with his Grace fully restored, he finds his Mate, who, on her deathbed reveals her hidden secret; his child.

"Castiel." Delia whispered, the sicken angel clinging to his hand. 

Castiel raised his head from the side of the bed, looking into his Mate's fading eyes with tears streaming down his face. He clutched her hand harder, wishing he could have had more time with her.

"Castiel, I need to tell you something." She whimpered, struggling to stay awake.

He stared at her, straightening himself from the bed and going to her side.

"We..I..." She gasped for breath, tears leaking from her.

Placing another hand on his own, she pushed the memories through her to him. When his eyes grew wide, she knew he was seeing what she had kept from him for so long. Searching his face, she looked for any signs of regret, but she found none, which made her heart flutter with peace.

"Find her.. my love." She said, her eyes closing.

Castiel stood there, grief tightening its hold around his heart as he dropped his Mate's hand. Blinking slowly, he raised his head, determination gleaming in his eyes. 

Kissing Delia's for the last time, he unfurled his wings, taking off to find his lost child.

Castiel flew through the thick underbrush, his trench coat ripping as deadly thorns tore through his clothing, even scratching his skin, but the pain only made him push harder. When the smell of demons grew stronger, he slipped his angel blade from his coat, the shiny metal glinting in the fading sunlight.

Hearing the ringing, the bloodcurdling scream of his daughter in pain, he broke through the forest, groaning as he noticed the Angel warding around the shack. Quickly flying, he brought the Winchesters to the location, pressing a finger to their heads in order to fill them in on the situation.

They took off into the shack, destroying the sigils, before Castiel darted inside, not caring about the Winchesters anymore. 

Castiel advanced quickly, too concerned with finding his child than knowing if the Winchesters were following him. Focusing on the fading Grace, he took off, worried he might be to late. Barging through a locked door, he immediately smote the demons inside the room, running toward you. When Dean and Sam finally caught up, they rushed to Castiel's aid, but was flung to the wall by his wing. You were tethered to a wooden platform, a crown of spikes embedded into your skull, each one making you scream in agony if touched. Castiel dropped down to your level, carefully removing the spikes from your head, one by one. Whimpering, you leaned up against the soothing fabric, tears seeping from your crusted eyes. 

You (w/c) wings were nailed to a wooden board behind you, the rusted metal tearing through tender flesh as you flinched from the angel removing your spikes. When he removed the spikes, he tossed the crown aside, trying desperately to keep his cool. He felt tears sliding down his cheeks as he removed the nails from his daughter's wings, as you cried out in pain, gritting your teeth to try to hold in the sounds.

"Shush, baby. Just let it all out." He cooed, trying to soothe you.

When he removed the next nail, you wailed, face growing red, you bloody fists clenching in anger. Castiel felt more tears streaking his red face, he wanted your pain to be over, but he had to remove them before they did anymore damage. 

"Agg!" You screamed, as Castiel removed the last nail, your wings drooping in exhaustion.

"Baby, I'm almost done. Just a little while longer, Princess." He said, removing the shackles from your wrists. 

A small hand wiped away a new tear that dropped from his eye, so he looked up, seeing worry in your sad (e/c) eyes. 

"Don't cry Daddy." You whispered, petting his face softly.

In one swipe, he removed the shackles from your legs, as Sam and Dean wake up from being thrown against the wall. Castiel's wings rose behind him as he held you in his arms, quickly transporting you all to his room in heaven. 

His wings quivered slightly, trying to control the uncontrollable rage that coursed throughout his being. He wanted to raise those demons from the dead and kill them over and over again, until the end of time. There was no explaining how angry he was, but when he looked down at his daughter, he knew no harm would come to you as long as he was here.

Dean and Sam gasped, seeing Castiel's room for the first time. A huge nest sat in the corner, woven together with scraps of multicolored cloth, with a few feathers woven between them. Castiel pressed a finger to your head, sealing your wounds and soothing your fears. You clutched onto his trench-coat, tightly as the pain subsided, when he laid you in the nest. You buried yourself in his clothing as he climbed in beside you, holding you tightly in his arms. 

You sighed, Castiel purring to lull you to sleep when to got comfortable. You opened your eyes, seeing two humans in the room with you.

You sprung from the nest, wings outstretched and feathers ruffled, much like a cat would bristle its fur when threatened. Castiel whipped around, upon seeing you in distress, he curled a onyx wing around you, pulling you into his warm embrace. You hissed at the humans, who stepped away from you.

"Get out!" You growled, feathers poised threateningly.

"Um, Cas? Mind calling your daughter off man?" The short man asked, which made your Father chuckle behind you.

"(Y/n), they helped me rescue you. Please calm down. " He said, petting your head.

You stood there stubbornly, eyeing the two men as they looked at Castiel for help. Castiel picked you up, but you kicked and struggled, not wanting to let the humans escape unharmed.

"I will smite you!" You threatened the men, smirking as they exchanged glaces with each other.

"That's enough!" Castiel boomed, making you squirm your way back into the nest.

Following you, Castiel curled up next to you, pulling you closer to him with his massive midnight wings, encasing you both in a protective feathery shield. You sighed, the weight of the day crashing over you, making your head droop as sleep latched itself onto your exhausted body. 

Castiel began to snore, with you beginning too only seconds later.

Seeing Castiel and you asleep, Dean began to explore, finding an restroom, which looked like it had never been used, and two bedrooms. One was where the huge nest was, while another one was stocked with two bunk beds, complete with pillows, multiple blankets and a huge comforter.

"I guess we'll crash here for the night." Sam shrugged, climbing into the bottom bunk, covering himself with the pink comforter.

Dean took the other bottom bunk, immediately passing out when he pulled the purple blanket over himself. In the other room, you slightly awoke, tossing in your sleep, but a comforting rumble from Castiel sent your body back into blissful sleep.

Castiel awoke to a small grunt only minutes later and looking down, saw you had entangled yourself in his trench coat. Smiling, he carefully removed the thing, along with his pesky tie and shoes. He took off his suit, unbuttoning the first buttons to allow him to breathe. Snuggling back down with his fledgling, you purred, your wings twitching in your sleep.

Gazing down at you he made a silent vow to you and Delia.

He would protect his fledgling until his last breath, and even after that.

This was originally posted in my other Supernatural book, Supernatural Oneshots, but I moved it and others like it over here. There will be a continuation of this story so stay tuned! Don't forget to like, comment and place this book in your Library, so you don't miss out on the next updates.

You peeps keep staying amazing!

~LunaMarieWolf