Parhelion

Soon, Hiyasay had almost forgotten the misery that had filled her almost an hour ago. Everyone was outside laughing, conversing, and all around having a good time. The burgers that Jungkook had made were exceptional, and the sodas were chilled perfectly.

"I think it's time I tell a story," Jungkook began, a broad smile on his face, "Hiyasay, it's about you." Hiyasay's smile slowly faded, as she stared at him in between the flames.

"Jungkook, are you sure?" Hoseok asked, mildly concerned. His tone didn't help Hiyasay feel any better.

"It's been a long time coming." He scoffed, flipping his hair out of his face.

"Guys, will you just cut it out and tell me what he means? What story? Why's it seem so important?" Hiyasay felt Yoongi's hand lay on hers, his now cleaned up face giving her a serene gaze.

Nobody talked for a moment, only the chirping of crickets and crackling of the slowly dying flames were the only things separating the group from total silence. Jungkook clapped his hands together, giving everyone a small jolt.

"It goes a little something like this..." Jungkook delivered, leaning in.

QUEUE FLASHBACK, 2 MONTHS BEFORE HIYASAY ARRIVED IN THE UNITED STATES, *3RD PERSON POV*

Yoongi paced the floors of Jungkook's bedroom anxiously. He would go to bite his nails off, but he settled for just chewing on them. He was staying the night at Jungkook's place for the weekend, so he could learn more about this "friend" that was coming back over.

"Dude, why're you so worried?" Jungkook joked, opening his window.

"Everything you've told me about her... She sounds remarkable. Are you sure someone like her would go for me? I mean, me?" Yoongi gestured to himself, creasing his brows.

"Yoongi, calm down. Hiyasay is a bright person, she'll adore you." He chuckled, amused at the fact his friend was completely head over heels for this girl.

"But, Namjoon. He seems like he's got the hots for her too. What am I going to do?" He slumped on Jungkook's bed.

"She's not a toy, so don't even think about fighting over her. Be civil, you two aren't kids. Hiyasay will go for whoever her heart desires, while always being kind to everyone. She's not a heartbreaker, trust me. I mean, look at me. I'm still here. It didn't turn out how I wanted, but I won a best friend out of it." Jungkook threw his arms in the air in a halfhearted motion.

"Yeah," Yoongi sighed, "I guess you're right." He stood up, going over to his phone. "Wanna call in some pizza?" Yoongi nodded yes, and the two proceeded.

STILL IN FLASHBACK, DAY BEFORE HIYASAY'S ARRIVAL

Jungkook and the six other boys were all hanging out at the city park, playing frisbee and hanging out by the river. Namjoon approached Yoongi, who had his legs dangling off a large drop.

"Yoongi, I think something needs to be addressed." Namjoon started, sitting down.

"Shoot." He responded, tracing in the dirt with a stick.

"This girl that Jungkook has been talking about... What do you think about her?" Namjoon sounded anxious, and Yoongi thought the question was particularly weird.

"She sounds remarkable, can't wait to meet her." The two boys made eye contact, both of them obviously holding back.

"You wouldn't mind... if I decided... to go for her, would you? I feel like we'd be great together." Namjoon's face was tinted pink, Yoongi looking down at the water below them.