Noctilucent

Hiyasay tapped her nails anxiously against the granite top of the kitchen's island. Today was Friday, the end of her first week at the new school. Ever since the altercation with Yoongi Monday afternoon, Namjoon hasn't acted the same. Neither has Yoongi. Jungkook, however, never changed. He was actually picking her up for school this morning, which caused her to have to wake up earlier than usual. Her phone lit up next to her, buzzing twice. 

Today was forecasted to be fairly chilly, but Hiyasay was accustomed to multiple climates and decided against bringing a coat

Today was forecasted to be fairly chilly, but Hiyasay was accustomed to multiple climates and decided against bringing a coat. When she walked to the chair to grab her backpack, Chaun called out as he came down the stairs.

"So, any luck with Namjoon? He get the sand out of his-"

"Chaun, jungji!" She demanded, throwing her bag onto one shoulder.

"My sister, Seok-Lin, breaking hearts her first week here." Chaun proudly proclaimed, yawning.

"Sala, Chaun. I'll see you later." Hiyasay huffed, exiting the house.

Jungkook had just pulled into her driveway. She opened the passenger side door, sitting down. They exchanged little words, since Hiyasay still had the Namjoon situation on her mind. When he did try to strike conversation, she almost always brushed it off. They arrived to the school a short time later, Jungkook finding his parking spot. There weren't a lot of kids here, they'd arrived extremely early.

Hiyasay took her bag under a nearby tree and pulled out a book. Jungkook followed and sat down next to her.

"Kookie, if you don't mind, I'd like to have some time to myself." Hiyasay marked where she was and looked at him.

"Y-Yeah, of course. Sorry to bother you." Jungkook pursed his lips and awkwardly stood. He went to sit on a bench where she'd met him on Monday.

The morning was fairly peaceful, despite the loud vehicles and students cackling every now and then. Hiyasay was on the verge of completing her third chapter, when she heard yelling explode from behind her. Getting up to investigate, she noticed it was Yoongi and Namjoon. Things seemed to be getting pretty heated, so Hiyasay began to walk over.

"I'll take you out, string bean. One sneeze from me and you'll fall over." Min Yoongi taunted.

"Yoongi, we don't need to do this. We can work it out." Namjoon had his hands raised, trying to ease the situation.

Hiyasay saw what was unfolding from her reading spot, and rushed over in between the boys.

"Guys, come on! Yoongi, back off of Namjoon, he didn't do anything. I don't know what this is about, but he's right, we can just talk about it." Hiyasay peered toward Yoongi with worry in her eyes.

"How about I take you out instead?" Yoongi flicked one of his eyebrows, verbally jabbing back.

Hoseok pulled Hiyasay away, ushering her to sit with him and Jimin. She followed, Hoseok's hand tight on her wrist. Jimin greeted her with a smile, as she sat down across from him. They talked for a good, solid twenty minutes since they didn't really know each other that well. They exchanged numbers and Snapchats, just in time for the 15 minute bell to ring. Jimin walked with Hiyasay to go get her backpack, but when she went to reach for her book, it was gone.