22

I find Ben asleep on the couch in the morning, no sight of Gemma yet as I place Hana in her play area, she laughs and grabs at her toys as soon as I let her down.
Deciding I need a coffee before I can function as a Mommy, I tip toe into the kitchen and find Gemma siting at the kitchen her head flush with the table and a mug of steaming tea in her hands.

I cough and she looks ups at me and gives me a small smile which I return as I start the coffee machine up.
"Don't say a word" she warns me playfully.
"Which word should I not say?" I sit down next to her and wrap my dressing gown further around my body. This winter was cold and I couldn't afford to get sick with the wedding just weeks away.
I shallow hard as I feel my heart beat elevated at the mere thought of the wedding. Not because I didn't want to get married but because there was so much going on right now.

Harry and I were on tender hooks since Louis shared the truth with me, it changed the chemistry between Harry and I, made me question myself more.
I was having to deal with Kayla's betrayal, although that was small in comparison to Louis claim. I knew it was time to walk away from her even if that hurt me right now.
I didn't believe any amount of trying to get through the stress she caused me and I knew nothing would be the same again.
I stopped myself from thinking any more about her right now, I could feel my mood shifting and I had enough of being sad for now.

"Sooooo...Beno hey?" I chuckle and wriggle my eyebrows at Gemma whilst she face palms herself several times.
"Ahh-nna" she slurs and can't believe she's still drunk. Oh they must had been parting long after Harry and I went to bed. I walk over to her and place my hands on her shoulders and she leans back into me.
"He's great...isn't he?" She asks me, her big brown eyes glistened as she started to speak quietly at first but as she described the past 3 hours to me, her voice rose and she couldn't wipe the huge smile off her face.
I made a coffee and sat with her until she exhausted herself telling me just how happy she was and how excited she was to have gotten to know him a bit better before the wedding.

My stomach flips at the mention of my wedding day and I pour and drink a glass of water to settle it.

"I don't know if everything is organised and confirmed?" I throw my head back and run my hands over my face. Taking a few deep breathes I knew this had nothing to do with actually marrying Harry but more to do with my attention being sidetracked in the past few weeks.
"What else needs doing? I can take a couple of days off work?" Gemma offers and although I don't want to cause her and inconvenience I have no choice but to take her up on the offer.
See? This is what I would have expected from Kayla. But her I was without her.
I nod and drink the rest of my coffee, boil the kettle for a cup of tea and tell Gemma to go lay down and get some sleep. She doesn't argue with me and thanks me when I place a throw rug over her and place another log in the fire place.
I leave quietly and jump when I see Harry standing in the kitchen with his head pushed up against the fridge. He's hair a tangled mess pulled back into a bun of sorts.
He moves his head and smiles at me reaching his arms out towards me. I close the space between us and wrap my arms around his lanky waist.

"Mmm...how did you sleep love?" His voice is husky and still thick with sleep. I feel myself getting aroused immediately and I stare at the floor knowing I'm blushing like a young school girl. He brings his hand up under my chin and makes me look at him, his emerald eyes holding mine. He's lips part slightly and mine automatically open.
"Shall we go back to bed then my love?" I can't help but smile up at him and nod. Without skipping beat, he grabs my hand and quietly leads me back into our room.
My phone rings as we get to the bed and Harry leans over to grab my phone, thinking it must be one of my work alarms, I put my hands on his hips and begin to pull down his pyjamas but don't get to continue when he takes a step away from me.
He's eyebrows furrowed, a look of frustration in he's face, he hands me the ringing phone.
Louis name flashes on the screen and before I can think I press end.

"Why didn't you answer it?" Harry asked and clearly he sounds annoyed. I hate this, I hate that one person can make him snappy and withdrawn from me. Lately it has been difficult. Harry had a few too many binge drinking sessions and there were the few times he shut down and felt so distant from me.

I couldn't fathom that this was going to be our life now. That Louis was going to be part of Hana's life. I jump slightly as the phone begins to right again. Harry looks away and places his arms crossed over his chest.
The sound of the phone seems so loud, I decide to answer it because I didn't want to wake anyone.

"Ana, it's me" he says said as if I didn't know, I don't know why I nod but I do.
"Hi, what can I do for you?" I ask and it comes out like I'm talking to the customers at work.
"I want to see my daughter, for a few hours today. I'm hoping you'll just do this is my right and I don't want to involve anyone else in this" I shake my head. What others? Lawyers? Was he threatening me?
I look at Harry but he looks away and slumps onto the bed.
"Um, I don't know Louis, I'm not comfortable doing that right now, please understand" I here a few voices in the background and I wonder who it is? If it was Kayla, my chest ache day the thought that my one time best friend was now siding with my ex partner over something that clearly didn't involve her at all.
"Well unless you want me to rock up to yours with my lawyer and the police, I suggest we do this the easy way..ok? You are welcome to stay with her when she visits" I feel the hot tears slip out of my eyes and slide down my cheeks. Did I have a choice? It sure as hell didn't seem like that. One thing I was happy about was that he told me I could stay with her while he saw here. There was no way I would leave her with a stranger, regardless of this stranger being her biological father.

I look over to Harry for an opinion but he has his back towards me. I shallow the tears and tell him I'll bring her over at 2:30pm.
He asks me if I or Hana need anything, baby food, special milk and I can't believe this is the same Louis that drove me crazy with his bullshit and drinking problem.
I hang up the phone and look the time. I needed to go shower and fix things with Harry before I left. I knew this wouldn't be easy for him. He's almost wife and daughter spending time with her ex partner and father of his little girl.

"Harry" I say softly but he puts his hand out as if to stop me from talking.
"Don't Ana, just don't. Go, make sure he doesn't hurt Hana or I'll kill the bastard myself" with that he closes his eyes and I know he would now go mute but I didn't know how long it would last this time.

I cry in the shower. I cry because I have no control of the situation. I cry because the person that I love is pushing me away and I cry because my daughters life is already complicated and she's not one yet.

I wait until I stop crying and all that's left is quiet sobbing before I turn the water off and wrap my body in a bath towel.
Taking a deep breathe I walk back into our room and sigh when the bed empty and Harry's car keys are missing from his bedside table.