19

I hear her footsteps behind me and several thoughts cross my mind once I get to the car one being I should hit her with my car.
I know I'm not thinking straight as I fumble in my handbag for my keys, grabbing them and unlocking the doors as I hear her sigh my name.
This was a friend I once called my sister, my matron of honour to be, my best friend. But now? She was sleeping with my ex and taking what looked like his side over mine in this saga of a life that was unfolding.
I grip the door handle and nudge the door open putting one leg in the car, when I feel her hand in my shoulder.
I feel irate with her as I pull my arm away from her and twist to face her my arms pushing her away from me. Somehow she stumbles and falls to the ground.
I watch as her tears glisten in her blue eyes before the streak her cheeks. She pushes herself up and holds her mouth closed with her hand, a few gasps escape her.

"I'm sorry!" She yells coming towards me again. I push my arms out to stop her from coming any closer. She stops, knowing that I'll lash out if she tries to come near me again.
"Why do you hate me? I can't help how I feel about him! He was there when Angus left. When I found out Abby was pregnant by him, Louis was there, so I can't help but to be here for him. Ana it's so hard for him, if you could only allow yourself to see" she's crying now, her arms wrapped around her chest. Abby is having Angus' baby? Why didn't she tell me? Could I be angry at her for accepting help from Louis and giving him support and love when he needed it most?
I shake my head as this is all just too much for me.

Louis had just given me the results and all I wanted to do was get home to my family and safety. I didn't want to think of what my future held, something completely different then what I had planned with Harry.

I just couldn't worry about her unhappiness right now, I couldn't try and fix my friendship with her regardless of feeling hurt for her because she was a part of the change that was coming.
Would he really take me to court over custody of Hana? And if he did, Kayla already told me she would be supporting him.
And that right now I couldn't forgive either of them.

I let her call out to me and I slam my door shut. She surprises me when she kicking at my door.
I see Louis grabbing her and pulling her away from my moving  car and I wonder where did we go wrong.
I turn the radio up loud to drown out the noise in my head. All I wanted to do was kill all the thoughts swirling in my head. Possibly in a large glass of red wine, it didn't bother me that it was just after 1pm.

I get home in record time and I'm not shocked to find Anne baking an apple pie in the kitchen.
She looks up at me as I walk towards the pantry and grab a bottle of vintage red.
She doesn't stop me as I grab a wine glass, pouring myself a generous cup.
Instead of scolding me like a mother would, she grabs a glass and pours herself some wine.
"We will get through this together" she tells me as our glasses clink together.
I finish my glass and pour another while Anne goes back to her pie, busying herself and not looking down at me while I fill my second glass.
I pause and look down at the bottle of wine. Was this the right thing to be doing? I knew I wasn't acting like an adult but I was acting human.
For fucks sake! My wedding was 3 weeks away.
I was marrying someone I absolutely loved who adored me and our daughter.
Our daughter, who was no longer ours.
We now had a third wheel added and I had no idea how this was going to work for any of us.
I loved Harry with all my heart and it broke me to know he wasn't Hana's father.
Things between Louis and I ended badly and our relationship was more then overly strained before we knew the truth. Had he told me the truth from the start maybe things would have been different right now but he didn't and Harry and I lived on false hope.

My head is swimming as I take another sip of the tart wine.

"Ana" I hear his voice before I see him and my heart skips a beat. Would he be disappointed by me right now or would he understand, the pain, the heartache, the want to believe so much that our future would be a smooth one after all the dumps in the road so far.
I meet his green eyes and his look softens.
I feel his arm on my shoulder and I close my eyes just wanting to feel loved right now.
He's arms come up around me and he pulls me closer to him.
Anne is no longer in the room and I silently thank her for giving us this space.

"What's the matter love? Did he hurt you?" Harry's face hardens and it's a look I rarely see. His jaw tenses as he waits for me answer.
"No he didn't. It just so messed up Harry, everything" I throw my hands up and almost drop the glass I hold on to. He looks towards it and raises his eyes, questioning me but not asking me why I was drinking like a sailor during the day.
I place it down before my urge to throw it increases.
"I just can't do this right now, I can't. She's our girl Harry, what are we going to do?" I ask him as he's arms tighten around me. He always had a way of making me feel safe.
"We will work this out together baby, you and I. She is ours and always will be" he kisses my brow and shh's me as I fight back the tears.

"He wants 50/50 Harry, he told me that he'll take it to court, and she's got his back can you believe this shit?" I grasp his arms and pull away from him and he makes no move to stop me. I was angry and it was very rare occurrence so I wasn't surprised he didn't know what to do with me right now.
I didn't know.

I walk over to the sink and pour myself a large glass of water. I turn and step closer to him because I really just wanted to feel safe.
"He can try and get what he wants its not something a court will want to do Ana, you've had her with you for 8 months, we'll fight this love"
I'm so proud of him, he wasn't giving up, not now.
"Now screw him, what are you going to do about a dress? I can't have you walking the aisle naked" he smiles his dimples popping and I can't help but to smile back at him.
I nod pressing my lips onto his.
"I'll find another" I answer thinking of my beautiful dress I wouldn't have for my special day. I never thought things would work out like this. Kayla and I were friends since childhood, and that's why was so messy.
I close my eyes tightly to stop the tears from falling.
"Hey hey love, don't cry it will be ok" he rubs my back as I cry.
And there's nothing left for me to do right now in my tipsy stupor, but to be held by the man I loved and cry and the daughter that wasn't his and the friend I lost.