Home

The next day

Lucy finally got to go home and Roselyn was furious. Roselyn decided that she was going to try and kill Lucy. Before she was only trying to scare them away, because she knew that once Lucy was a certain distance from the house she would be fine, but now things have changed and the Carmelo's are in for a rude awakening.

Once Lucy had settled in her room she heard the weeping of a little girl in the corner, so she went to check it out. She didn't see anything and walked back to her bed, but then she heard it again. Lucy got scared and started run to her parents, but then the crying stop, and it turned into a scream. Roselyn lunged at Lucy, revealing herself, and scratching Lucy as she ran. She ran down that hallway blood dripping from the scratches on her leg. Lucy yelled for her parents. They came bursting through the backdoor Roselyn flew back to her room. Lucy told her parents "This girl came out of no where. She lunged at me and I ran. She scratched my leg." She showed them the scratches, but they thought she had just scratched her leg on the door. They told her "Go back to your room and stop with these ridiculous stories." Lucy went back to her room, but was terrified she'd hear and see the girl again. So she hid under the covers on her bed, but little did she know that Roselyn was there too.

Lucy felt a presence. Like someone was with her, but she didn't see anyone. Granted she didn't see Roselyn the first time. While Lucy was cowering in fear, Roselyn had come up with a new plan to kill Lucy and scare the parents away.

Roselyn was always able to possess animals, so why not people. Roselyn put her plan into action. She possessed Lucy. Lucy started to move her arms, but she wasn't doing it. Roselyn, was having fun controlling Lucy, but she still wanted her gone. Roselyn made Lucy walk to the kitchen, grab a knife, and walk back to her room. Roselyn raised the knife and just as she was about to plunge it into Lucy's stomach she heard a ringing in her head and a sharp pain fell over her. Roselyn didn't know what was happening. So she tried to get out of Lucy, but she was stuck. She was becoming Lucy.

Roselyn walked over to the mirror, that made up the closet doors, and looked at herself. Well, herself in Lucy's body. From what Roselyn saw, Lucy was changing. Her eyes were turning a sold black, her hair was fading to white, and her skin was pail.

Roselyn thought that killing Lucy now would get herself out, so she took the knife, raised it yet again and stopped. She could feel Lucy frightened.  Roselyn didn't realize how scared she could make people feel. As Roselyn was distracted Lucy was able to regain control of her arms and hands. She dropped the knife, then she gained control of her legs and feet, and then her whole body.

Roselyn was thrown out of Lucy's body. Lucy fell to her knees out of breath. Roselyn was still in a daze. She thought to herself 'Had I really caused someone to feel this frightened? Is this what being a ghost is like? Causing pain and misery to humans. Do I have to be that way? Can I change?' Roselyn just starred at the wall while Lucy cowered in the corner.

Roselyn came out of the daze and saw Lucy in the corner. Roselyn said "Are you okay?" Lucy was scared, but she still said "Yes, I think so. Your Roselyn aren't you, the girl that died five years ago?" Roselyn nodded yes and said "I didn't know how people felt when I scared them. I didn't know they could be this scared. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry." Lucy looked shocked. Could a ghost really not know how scared people get? Roselyn continued "It has always been scare the humans away. That is all a ghost really knows, but I never realized it caused this much misery. I don't want to scare humans anymore." That last sentence made Lucy even more shocked. 'Could a ghost really change?' She thought. 'I know humans can, but she technically isn't human anymore. Are ghost just like humans, only dead?' Lucy said"Well if you want to change then why don't you? Why do you keep trying to kill me and frighten my parents?" Roselyn didn't really know how to answer that. "I...I...I thought I had to. To protect this house. Protect the memories. I guess I was afraid of change. I thought I had to kill you to scare your parents away because they didn't seem like they were scared of anything. So I thought if you killed yourself, because  you seem like the type of girl who would never do anything like that, they would think the house was really haunted and leave." Lucy didn't know what to say now. How do you respond to something like that? I guess like this "If you want to change then lets start with this. Why don't you be my friend?" "Your friend? But how is that going to work your parents don't even think I'm real and what if they think your talking to yourself won't that make them suspicious?" Lucy just rolled her eyes. "Roselyn, just say yes." "Okay. Yes"