Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

This is the longest word in the English language.

Well, not necessarily. The actual longest word is fifty-seven pages long. It's the chemical name for the titin protein found in humans. Its full name has 189,819 letters and it takes three hours to pronounce. So instead I will just do the second longest word's "true" backstory.

Ahem.

There once was a guy named Guy. His buddy was named Buddy. They were college roommates and best friends.

One day, instead of studying for their final exams, they decided to build a robot. They wanted to come up with a list of words to describe it so they wrote down this: New, motto, ultra, Microsoft, sick, volcano, complicated.

But, since they only knew texting language, their phones autocorected it to this: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

And they tweeted it before they checked the spelling. So the guy, Guy and his buddy, Buddy, became the laughingstock of social media and got kicked out of college because they failed their final exams.

The End

Now, for the definition you've all been waiting for...

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
noun
pneu·mo·no·ul·tra·mi·cro·scop·ic·sil·i·co·vol·ca·no·co·ni·o·sis
\ˈn(y)ü-mə-(ˌ)nō-ˌəl-trə-ˌmī-krə-ˈskäp-ik-ˈsil-i-(ˌ)kō-väl-ˈkā-nō-ˌkō-nē-ˈō-səs\

plural:
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses

:a lung disease caused by inhalation of very inexpensive silicate or quartz dust

Whoo-hoo! We did it! The story was kinda short for the longest word but hey, I'm only human.

Just kidding, I'm an alien robot sent from outer space to eliminate the human race with chocolate.
Death by chocolate!!!

😏