Chapter 22

(A/N: I'm going to be very busy this week and usually I edit an update over a week but the next couple of updates will probably be pretty short like this one which I apologize sincerely about that but please enjoy anyways!)

---Recap---

You finished getting ready and stepped out of the room. You knew that you would have to find your guild with your sense of smell. So you headed out and did just that.

---End of recap---

You walked down the street towards the arena until a voice called out to you causing you to stop and turn around. Makarov walked towards you happily, "A certain cat informed me that it is your birthday today!" You hid sadness with a smile as you nodded. Makarov let whole-hearted laugh, "Well happy birthday indeed, my child! I have something that you might like..."

He began to reach into is pocket as quickly tried to refuse, "Master I can't accept anyth-"

"Non sense! Akiko you have carried the guild on your back for 3 years making many sacrifices for your guild mates and I will never be able to express how grateful I truly am. You kept the family afloat in the storm of this world so please, take it, you might need it for today..." Makarov interrupted you.

You sighed knowing he wouldn't give up. It made him smile as he pulled out a package wrapped in brown paper and handed it to you. The package was pretty heavy, "Thank you Master," said quietly still a bit baffled that he got you something.

His smile was huge now, "You don't have to thank me Akiko... Now open it!" You looked at the package and began to unwrap it. What sat in the paper were 6 beautifully designed daggers and a holster belt for them as well. You stood with your mouth hung open, speechless... The daggers' design was rugged yet agile at the same time.  The sharp side of the daggers looked to seem like it were made out of a crystal but with a story inside of it.  What truly caught your eye though was the dragon figure engraved upon where the handle met the actual blade along with the dragon tail at the butt of the daggers.  Makarov chuckled, "I noticed your current daggers were very dull recently and they look in desperate need to be replaced."

"M-master, this is too much... I can't accept something so expensive..." You stuttered still in disbelief.

"Don't say such things! Don't worry about the price, I'm an old friend of the best weapon maker in this town who gives my very large discounts, " said Makarov. You could tell that he was trying to make you feel better and accept his gift.

You could feel your eyes welding up a bit, "Master..." he 'hmm'ed. You dropped to your knees and enveloped him into a hug. "Thank you..." you whispered. He chucked and hugged you back.

The two of you separated but you remained at his height, "Now, now my child, save those tears for when we win today!" You nodded with a smile. "Alright, since Raven Claw was kicked out of the GMG, there is am uneven number of teams to team A ans B of Fairy Tail must combine... So, I hope to see those daggers in use today because I want you to help represent Fairy Tail today. Do you accept?"

You stood up and put the belt around your waist and the daggers in their holsters, "I accept, Master Makarov."

He smirked and nodded, "Then I suppose we head to the arena, don't you?" And with that, the two of you headed to the arena quickly.

-----Time Skip to team Fairy Tail in the tunnel-----

Gray sighed, "We have to be out there soon..."

Erza was staring out the tunnel, "We can't go out there with only 4 people."

"Calm down," said Laxus, "Gramps said that he would get our 5th teammate in time."

"Did he even tell anyone who our 5th teammate will be?" Gajeel asked. Everyone shook their heads.

Their thought's were cut short by the sound of footsteps approaching them from down the hallway. Both Gajeel and Gray kicked themselves off the walls that they leaned against. The 4 of the stood in a line facing the direction of the now very close footsteps. You stepped out of the darkness and stood in front of them with your hand on your hip, "Sorry I'm late, I got pretty late notice on this whole situation."

The 4 that faced you smirked at your comment. Gray walked over to you and swung his arm around your shoulder, "Who knew we'd get to fight with the birthday girl today!" Everyone chucked, said happy birthday and gave you hugs, especially Erza. It was time for the 5 of you to walk out to the arena as the announcer introduced all of you. When the announcer got to you, he even said that it was your birthday. What the hell?!?! How did he know?! ... Damn it Tora... You kept a neutral face like the rest of your team. You didn't know what was going to happen but you had a feeling that all hell was about to break loose soon.

Author's Note: Hello!!! I'm so sorry that this update was so short and I apologize for future short updates but I am going to be very busy this week and on top of everything, I'm supposed to be doing my AP European summer HW because it's a course I'm taking next school year and I'm only like, 25% done and it is a lot of stuff, My first unit test for that class will be 3 days into the school year so yeah, wish me luck... Oh! I don't own the daggers or any right to the picture or the show Fairy Tail it self, I only own my ocs.  Anyway! Thank you so much for reading, please vote/ comment/ and add to library for when I update! Peace out girl scout!

~Xx_animegirl_xX