Part 27

Hiccup was about to put his bag down in homeroom when the teacher told him to go to the principal's office. He was a little stunned but wondered if it had to do with Physics club. He sighed and grabbed his things and walked to the office.

Once there he was ushered in right away to see his principal, the vice principal, as well as another teacher, his guidance counselor, as well as a couple of his teachers.

"What's going on?" Hiccup asked, getting nervous.

"Take a seat Hiccup." The principal instructed.

He sat down, not sure what was going on.

Everyone seemed to be standing but him and the principal. They all had their arms crossed. His principal leaned forward and sighed, "Hiccup, it's come to our attention that you are bringing a student from another school to prom."

Hiccup nodded and narrowed his eyes, "I am, but other kids have done that, it's not against the rules." He said.

The principal frowned, "We've heard that you are bringing a male student to prom with you."

Hiccup's stomach sank and he stared at his principal who seemed to be waiting for a response.

Hiccup swallowed and nodded, "I'm bringing my boyfriend to prom." He stated quietly.

Nobody said a word.

"Hiccup, this is a private academy." The principal said, "At a public school this would be fine, but...here..."

Hiccup stared at him, "Are you saying I can't bring my boyfriend to prom?"

One of the teachers coughed and gave a disgusted look.

The principal was looking sad, "Hiccup, I don't think it's going to be a problem if you bring him, but we will have chaperones at the prom who are parents and will be against you two dancing."

"Or doing other things." A teacher mumbled.

Hiccup glared at his teacher. It was some lady who taught him English.

He balled his fists, "Do I make good grades here?" he asked.

The principal smiled and nodded as well as his guidance counselor.

"Do I contribute to the Physics club as well as the chess team? Don't I help out at school functions?" he continued.

"Hiccup, you are a great student, and I have nothing against this lifestyle..." the principal said, "But the truth of the matter is that some parents will not be happy that I allowed this."

Hiccup stared angrily, trying not to cry, "This isn't fair." He said quietly.

His principal sighed, "I'm open to hearing any suggestions on this matter. I don't want to keep you from coming to prom."

"I'm not coming without my boyfriend." Hiccup stated boldly.

Suddenly, his art teacher came up. He was a funny guy who had a huge personality and Hiccup had always liked him, "I say let them come. If people want to complain, let them. We aren't a religious school, we're a private academy; you said it yourself."

"I agree." The guidance counselor pointed out, "Hiccup is a good student and this is teaching tolerance. I wonder if this will help other students who are in the same boat feel more comfortable about themselves."

The principal smiled at their input.

"But." The English teacher complained, "Think about those parents who will complain, we could lose students if they feel we're encouraging this lifestyle."