Chapter 4 why fight what you can't control?

JORDAN'S POV

i sat down beside Andy.  Andy may be less lature, but he's no idiot.  he gave me a glance and my phone buzzed.  what a surprise, it was Andy.

A- so, did you make your move

J- move on what?

A- oh come on!  you so like Arianna

J- Ari, she likes to be called Ari.

A- okay mr. protective boyfriend pants.  did you kiss her?

J- im not her boyfriend!

A- so you DID kiss her!

J- well...

A- hold on, i gotta tell deryck

J- No! no! don't!

but it was too late, Deryck gave me a look like "good Job champ".

D- well andy, when i went out there to get Arianna, they were holding hands...

J- Ari dammit! she likes to be called Ari.

A- so did the hand holding start before or after the kiss

J- before...

D- oh my god! jordan, are you gonna ask her out?

A- yesss! do it!

J- NO NO NO i wont cause i don't like her!  she's Charlie's sister for crying out loud! i can't-

A- i see your point, but why fight what you can'y control?

D- Andy's right, if you really like her, charlie will see that and give you his blessing.

A- and at least she's not slumming it with some random highschool dude that he doesnt know.

D- yeah you're mature and you know what you're doing. 

J- well im not even sure if she feels the same... besides i told you, i dont like her!

D- yeah yeah, whatever you say...

ARIANNA'S POV

i laid down on my bed as soon as i left the guys down stairs.  "What the hell just happened?"  i said under my breath. 

 you kissed Jordan flippen Witzigreuter thats what happened! 

you know that kiss, it diddnt mean anything to him.  so why should it mean anything to me?

but, his face afterward, he looked confused, as if he did somthing wrong!  am i a bad kisser?  or did he just kiss me cause he felt sorry for me?  maybe it was a spur of the moment thing!  yeah, that was it, he doesnt like me.  nope.  it was a little innocent kiss that meant NOTHING.  and im totally over it.

i switched on my laptop and opened the browser to twitter.  i checked my news feed and then my mentions.

@Andy_John: @AriFoxSays has a lovaaaaaa!

embaressed i responded: "@AriFoxSays: @Andy_John hah, funny joke!

Wait, how did Andy know?  If Andy knows, then what if he tells Charlie?  Charlie will be so pissed!  i shut my laptop, i had enough drama for today.  a knock broke the silence, "Ari, can i come in?"  a farmilliar voice chimed.

well i diddnt have to answer that, Andy was already on my bed sitting across from me.  he looked at me with a serious face, one i thought id never see from him.  he opened his mouth to speak, but hessitated.  then tried again, "Look, Ari, i wasn't joking.  Deryck and i can tell that Jordan likes you."  he looked down and continued, "like, a lot."  i sighed in despair.  "but not to fear my dear,"  he giggled, pleased by his rhyming skills, "we won't tell or even clue in charlie.  your secret is safe with us."

i diddnt know what to say, i planned on saying 'thank you but its not necesary, cause i don't like him' but what did come out of my mouth came from somewhere other than my head.  "Jordan likes me?"  it came out more hopeful than it was supposed to.  Andy nodded.  i quickly caught myself.    "well thats just too bad, 'cause i don't like him.  and trust me, he doesnt like me either.  we're just friends."  i stood up.  "And that kiss, was a spur of the moment thing, and it meant NOTHING."

Andy's head fell, he stood up also and walked to the door.  "Maybe to you,  it diddnt."  and he took a step out the door.  but he abruptly stopped and steped back in.  "Arianna, trust me, you can't fight what you can't control."  and with that, he walked out and shut the door.