chap 03 -- Meeting Him

After 7 hours of driving you finally arrive in LA. Your dad was right, LA is still asleep till 12pm. Your parents had explained how they planned to meet him, you check if you remember. "Okay mom dad, correct me if I'm wrong. So 4pm at Starbucks and then we're gonna drink a little bit and then we're heading to his house, correct?" Your dad nods. You check your watch, 3:50pm. 10 minutes left to prepare a little bit. Your dad drives to a parking lot close to Starbucks, at least that's what the navigation system tells him to do.

Cyr's PoV
"I may not be late, I may not be late.." You repeat in yourself. Gosh its 3:40pm already. Okay it's 5 minutes walking to Starbucks from my home but still. You take your coat and phone and you leave, you shout bye to Edwin and Sam. They promised to leave today because you didn't want them to be around when the new maid came in, she would feel very uncomfortable.

You arrive at Starbucks, the women behind the bar greets you: "hello there Vincent! You look fancy today, a date?" You laugh: "no haha I'm welcoming my new maid and her parents are coming with her" the women frowns "oh? Is she that young then?" You think, shit how old was she again? "Uhm I don't think so, I thought she was 20 but I don't know for sure" the women nods and asks you: "same as always?" "Same as always" you repeat. You take a seat and start writing in your notebook. "Confessions Of An Introvert" you call it. Writing makes you feel relaxed.

Emma's PoV:
You arrive at Starbucks, it's exactly 4pm. You just realized you have no clue how this guy looks like, you see a guy writing something in a notebook, a women with a pretty bored face, a lot of kids and a very old looking guy. You assume it's the old looking guy. But to be sure, you ask your parents: " who's it?" Your parents point at the guy writing in his notebook. You look confused, are they sure it's not the old guy? Your parents walk towards him, he looks up, gets rid of his notebook and you take a seat, right in front of him. He stands up, shaking your parent's hands. He introduces himself as "Vincent Cyr" he takes his seat and so do your parents. Your dad starts: "so Vincent, why would you need a maid? And what does she has to do for you exactly?" Vincent smiles "well, I need a maid, hm I don't like that word. Anyway I need someone who can buy groceries, cook and clean the house for me. I just don't have time to do that and all the dust.. It's just annoying. "
Your mom nods, she understands him. Vincent looks at you "hello dreamy" you look up "oh sorry. I didn't meant to-" Vincent interrupts you "don't worry I have the same" you smile "so Emma" Vincent starts "why do you want to be my maid, gosh we really need to find another word for that" you nod "well uhm...I honestly don't know. Sorry" Vincent smiles, he looks at your parents "help a girl out, you found me for her right?" Both your parents nod "why though?" Your mom starts to explain the whole 'college drop' story and Vincent keeps nodding. When your mom is done he asks: "Okay well, shall we take a look at my house then?"