Ch. 29 The Truth If Nothing But (UNEDITED)

Thad  Erickson.

Jericho stared at Coopers lawyer, the short man dressed in a tailored suit, a leather briefcase in his hand and a fake smile on his wrinkly face.

"I don't remember inviting you in." Jericho glared, eyeing both the lawyer and the man who he assumed to be the doctor.

"Calm down Jericho, we're not here for you. We're here for the girl."Coopers lawyer stated, fingering the edge of Jericho's couch before taking a seat on it, his chubby legs crossed at the ankles. "And you didn't need to let us in, Alec did."

Jericho walked over to his brother in law, who stood off to the corner, an apologetic look on the Afro-Americans face. "Any specific reason you let them into my apartment, and this without warning?"

Alec pressed the papers he had previously been reading onto Jericho's chest, his eyes becoming darker.  "They have a warrant out for your girl and it was either me letting them into your place or the cops. And police drama is the last thing the both of you need."

Jericho sighed with frustration, eyes flying over the warrant. "Fucking Cooper!"

Without notice Daisy had walked into the living room, a limp in her walk and a shaky smile on her face. She hurried over to Jericho's side, laying a hand on his back. "What's wrong?"

Jericho ignored her, his eyes flying over the warrant again. "Fuck, I don't know what to do! Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Daisy slowly took the warrant into her hands, the men in the room watching her as she read through it. After a few moments she glanced at Jericho, a confused look on her bruised face. "I ... I don't understand." She paused, her eyes flying to Cooper's lawyer and the doctor. "A DNA t-test?"

It was silent in the room, nobody knew what to say as they watched Jericho wrap the girl in his arm, his face red with anger for his brother. What would a DNA swab prove? He knew for a fact that Daisy and Tori weren't sisters. That was just too crazy, even for their twisted love story.

"Miss Zamora, my client Cooper Maverick has changed his plea to not guilty and therefore I will need a DNA swab from you to prove his assumptions right and to clear him from the possibility of the death sentence."

"What are his fucking assumptions?" Jericho asked, perplexed that his brother would really drag an innocent woman into his drama.

"Well Jericho that information is classified, but Cooper did ask to speak to miss Zamora before she goes through with the DNA swab." Thad Erickson smirked, before pulling out his phone, dialing a few numbers as the other three bystanders watched on.

"Cooper, it's me ... yeah she's here." The lawyer smiled, rubbing a hand over his jaw, before he stepped closer to the couple, holding the phone out for Daisy to take.

She hesitantly took the cell phone into her hand after glancing at Jericho for his opinion. What was the billionaire supposed to say? There wasn't anything he could do at the moment besides be there for her and comfort her in this time of chaos.

Daisy smoothly pulled away from Jericho's grasp, walking to the bathroom down the hall. Stepping in, she closed the door behind her before putting the phone to her ear. Mind the fact that her heart was beating twice the normal speed and she could barely think, she manged to stutter out a 'hello'.

His voice was deep and raspy, making Daisy legs quiver just a little more. "Hello Daisy, I've been meaning to speak to you for a while."

"W-hat do you want?" Daisy questioned, biting the inside of her cheek, as Jericho silently walked into the room, watching her. Daisy gave Jericho a faint smile, before she put the phone on speaker. "I-I ... I'm not her sister if t-that is what you think."