20 • I love you

Allison's pov:

At five o'clock, I meet Scott outside JC Penny. He wraps me into a tight embrace and kisses my head softly.

"How are you?" He whispers.

"I'm alright, really. Let's just shop, I don't want to talk about it." I suggest, pulling away from the hug. He nods and grabs my hand as I guide him through the mall.

"I still can't believe your parents won't let us see each other." Scott sighs.

"I know. It's ridiculous. I always tell them I'm hanging out with someone. They must think I'm popular or something." I laugh.

"Would you like to go on a date tomorrow night? The fair just started, and I thought it could be fun." He asks.

"Of course I would. Let's meet there around 6:00."

"Sounds good to me."

~

The next day at school is worse than I could've ever expected. Moxie wasn't threatening me, she was warning me.

As I walked through the school halls, people stared, and whispered to their friends.

"Slut."

"She's not even that pretty. What was Scott thinking?"

Lydia, Scott, and Stiles stood by my side all day, but that didn't make the words any less hurtful. I cried twice, but managed to avoid a panic attack.

"Bet you didn't believe me when I said everyone would know by tomorrow, did you?"

"Moxie, just leave before I say things I'd rather not." Lydia snarls, stepping towards her.

"Oh, please, I've heard it all before. You just wouldn't want to curse in the presence of a child, would you?"

"Bitch."

"Oh no, I'm so hurt. That really crossed the line."

"You-"

"Lydia, let's just go. She doesn't bother me." I lie, tugging her arm. After one last nasty glare at the blonde, Lydia follows unwillingly.

"I freaking hate her!" She exclaims.

"Allison Argent to the office." The secretary says over the intercom. Great.

"Oooh, guess someone found out about the bun in the oven." One boy smirks.

I ignore his comment and make my way to the office without a word. I knew that people would be harsh, but I never expected it to hurt so much. I felt disgusting and worthless.

I arrive in the office and the brunette secretary turns to me and smiles.

"Allison, Mrs. Brown is ready to see you."

"Okay." I reply, approaching the door. I enter the room to find the principal sitting at her desk with her computer on.

"Oh, Miss Argent, hello. Take a seat."

I put on a fake smile and sink down into a black leather chair across from her.

"How are you today?" She asks.

"Um, good I guess. How are you?" I reply, unsure of why she's not getting to the point.

"I'm alright. So, there are some rumours going around about you, which I'm sure you're aware of. I would just like to know if they're true, and if you feel unsafe."

"The one about me being pregnant? It's true. I'm not sure what else you've heard, but it's probably wrong."

"Oh, okay... Uh- how is... Everything?" She asks, suddenly acting awkward.

"Fine. I'm having a girl, and I'm due in August. I'm planning on graduating next year. My boyfriend's family is really supportive, my family on the other hand, well, I'm working on it. People have been rude, I guess, but they don't know me. They don't know my story. I just choose to ignore them." I explain.

"Well, that's very brave of you, but I think talking to people who are going through the same thing as you could be beneficial for you. There's a program in a month and-"

"Sorry, Mrs. Brown, but I'm not interested. I don't need any help, and I definitely don't need special treatment."

"Well, I can't make you go, but give it some thought, and don't be afraid to talk to me. This is a safe place, Allison."

"Thank you."

"Have a nice day, you're free to go back to class." She smiles.

I push myself out of the chair and go back to class where I'm attacked with questions. I simply tell everyone that my mom had to tell me that my cousin fell off his bike and was getting stitches. No big deal. For the most part, people believed me.

The next day
9:16 pm

Scott and I take a seat on a nearby bench, our feet hurting from walking around the fair for three hours.

Suddenly, I feel an odd motion in my stomach. Tingly, like "butterflies".

"Oh wow. That's... New." I laugh, placing my hand on my stomach.

"What? What's wrong?" Scott worries.

"Don't worry, I think the baby's kicking, it's good. Here." I explain, grabbing his hand. I press his palm on the side of my stomach, where the motion is noticeable. His face lights up, and his eyes stare up at me

"Hey, baby girl." He smiles. "It's your dad."

Once she stops moving around, he removes his hand from my tummy, and places it on my cheek. He leans his forehead on mine, and I scrunch my nose.

"I love you so much." He whispers.

I'm taken aback by his words. One of the first things he told me when I moved here was how scared he was to love someone after his parents' divorce.

"You... You do?" I ask.

"Yeah. Every relationship is different. My parents just weren't right for each other, but we are. This... This is right. It's perfect. We're about to bring a beautiful little girl into this world. You're Allison Argent, how could I not love you?"

"I love you too." I say, kissing him softly. In that moment, none of the harsh words or insults mattered. I was with Scott, the one person I felt safe with.