9 • Just trust me

Allison's pov:

It's been about a week since the break up and my days have been focused on avoiding Scott. It's like he's everywhere at all times- physically and in my mind. I think of him in class, I think of him while driving, I think of him every time I hear a song he likes. Basically, he is on my mind every second of every day. He's tried to talk to me, but I ignore him and walk away. Not to hurt him, but because I know I'll go running back to him if he asks me to. He was my weakness and I didn't like it. I had always been strong and independent- it was my best quality, but Scott changed who I am. Not because he meant to, but because I fell for him.

Lydia and I had conversations about my feelings almost everyday, and by this point, I was repeating myself and probably annoying her, but she insisted it was fine.

"In French, they don't say I miss you. They say 'tu me manques' which translates to 'you are missing from me' in English. That's the only way to simply describe how I feel. Letting him go was like losing something I can't live without- my heart, I guess." I mumble.

"Oh, Ali. I know this is hard, but you're strong and I know you can do it." Lydia says, wrapping me into a hug.

"Thanks, Lyds." I whisper into her shoulder.

"Oh no. Determined Scott McCall at 5 o'clock." Lydia whispers, releasing me from her embrace.

I sigh, about to make a run for it, but it's too late. Scott is already so close I can see his shadow on the ground.

"Allison. Please, talk to me." He begs.

Lydia looks at me, as if to ask if it's okay for her to leave and I nod. She saunters off and I turn to Scott.

"Look, Scott. I don't want to talk. I'm sorry." I mutter, taking a step towards my car.

"You don't have to. Just listen. Please. I'll do anything- anything."

"Fine, hurry." I snip, wanting to be out of this awkward situation and on my couch, reading a good book. As he begins to talk, I stare at the ground, knowing that if I look into his eyes, I'll fall in love all over again.

"I know we're different, but that's what I love about us. You teach me something new everyday and I want to be better for you. I've never felt this way before and I can't lose you. Do you understand? I cannot lose you. I won't let you walk away because you're scared it won't last forever."

"Scott, please stop. I can't do this." I whisper, tears filling my eyes. I could tell he was about to say something, but he noticed my tears and stayed quiet. Before he could comfort me, I ran to my car and sunk into the driver's seat as my cries turned into sobs. Why was this happening? Why did I have to be paired with him for that stupid project? If we hadn't been, maybe I'd have a somewhat normal life right now, drooling over him every time he walks by. Scott McCall had caused me to be a love struck teenager- something I never wished to be.

~a week later~

I sit at the desk in my bedroom, listening to sad songs while sketching my newest project; a drawing of two people, kissing in the rain on the streets of Paris with the words "nothing lasts forever" above them. Sketching was a talent of mine, I had often been told that I had a gift that I shouldn't let go to waste. People wondered how I had so many ideas, but truth was, they all came from my feelings. This one was about Scott and I. I sigh as I watch multiple drops of rain land on my window and the song I'm listening to fades to an end and the new one begins. I pause my music as I think I hear the doorbell. A few moments pass and the doorbell rings again. I groan and rip my ear buds out, tossing them on the desk along with my phone. I sprint into the hallway and down the steps, standing in front of the door in seconds. I swing the door open, expecting to see a salesperson on the door step, but it's not. It's Scott.

"Scott, what are you doing?" I ask, staring at the drenched and shaking boy. He has his hands behind his back and seems to be hiding something.

"Is anyone home? Besides you."

"No... Uh- do you want to come in?"

"Sure." He steps in the house, hands still behind his back.

"I have to go get something from the car. Can you go upstairs for a few minutes? I'll call you down when I'm ready." He explains.

"Scott-"

"Just trust me."

I nod hesitantly and rush back up the stairs and into my room once again. I had no idea what was going on.

A few minutes of texting Lydia to update her pass and Scott calls me down.

"Gotta go. Scott's calling me now. Text you later." I type quickly before heading back downstairs.

I walk into the living room which is dark and lit with probably a dozen candles. Scott sits on the couch with a guitar in hand.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Just trust me." He smiles.

Author's note:

I'm sorry this isn't my best work, but I wanted to update for you guys. Hope you're all enjoying! <3