Jayden!

Jayden's POV

I woke up this morning not feeling the best I could be, dealing with the pain I am in. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Zay's asleep beside me on the cold hard cement. Isabelle recently got moved to a smaller room by herself. I sat there and looked at Zay. She's asleep and she doesn't seem like she's in any pain. I wish we could all leave this place and go back to old homes and lives. Not these new bad lives. I hate it here and I know Zay does too. She cries everyday in the corner of the room. We get beat once a week real bad. We both have broken ribs and bruises and cuts.

I haven't been a very good friend lately to Zay. I haven't been talking much to her. We both are in very different worlds right now. Mine consists of shyness, jumpiness and always being scared. My world ain't too fun to live in at the time being. I am so jumpy now, form the beatings and being away from the people I love. I have one person that I love here with me and that's Zay. I know love is strong word for a 7 year old. But Zay's world if filled with love, emotion, hate and bring scared. She's scared to be here alone with me. She has love and affection for the gang and her brothers. She has hate for the people who put us here and hurt us. Her emotions can be different, depends ont he situation and day.

Zay woke up and rubbed her eyes. She sat up and looked at me. I smiled to her and she smiled back. She got up and walked over to the door. I sat there and watched her. Looks like she's trying to pick the locks and let us go.

She's been there for awhile now and she finally got the door open. Smart when trapped I see. She signaled for me to come and see her. I got up and walked over to her. She opened the door and we walked upstairs. We got to the top and we saw a couple guys watching tv in the living room and the front door is all way at the other end of the house.

"C'mon" She whispered. I followed her out of the basement and we tip-toed quietly around the house. I followed her until a set of arms wrapped around my stomach and picked me up. I screamed and a set of arms wrapped around Zay lifting her up. The two guys came close together and Zay and I are now side by side in the air. The leader came up to us and looked at us.

"What do we have here?" He asked.

"Kids!" Zay yelled.

"I know, now spill the beans kids" He said. We didn't say anything and then he pulled out a blade and pointed it to the both of us. I finally got the courage to say something.

"We picked a lock and we need to leave before y'all kill us" I said.

"Okay then" He said. The two boys took us away and brought us down staires. They put us in a new room. They opened the door and threw me in the room first and then Zay in after me. She landed on top of me and I let out a cry of pain. I landed ont he cement ground and then someone else on top of me. I am glad she didn't get hurt or me.

"You okay Zay?" I asked.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yes" She got up and helped me up. We walked around and found Isabelle in a corner all beat up and crying. I sat next to Zay, who is already beside her. I fell asleep on her shoulder and Zay fell asleep beside me. Isabelle stopped crying after a little and she fell asleep too with us.